Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Spyder GT
292 Posts
I found one at TDot Performance Canada.... $349.00 plus S&H St 22 mm Part# 51194.............. I’m going to wwwwaaaaiiiitttt......
$199 and free s/h from numerous places when I originally searched a few months ago.
I ordered one from Danaport, but they didnt have one in stock, so I cancelled and now I'm just chillin till the Spring. First priority is paint job, which is gonna be at least $2k even if I do most of the prep myself. Price of paint is outrageous!!!

So a shoutout to anyone in the New York area who can repaint my car at a reasonable price? Willing to travel and pitch a tent in your backyard, if necessary? LOL

·
Registered
2005 Spyder GT
292 Posts
Most alignment shops lack in an understanding of how to set the toe or camber on the Eclipse in the rear. These vehicle need a 4-wheel alignment and if it is lowered then install the front camber bolt kit in the strut bolt along with a toe or camber kit for the rear.
I'll be lowering mine this Spring about 2" and hoping to avoid needing camber kits.

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
140 Posts
Most alignment shops lack in an understanding of how to set the toe or camber on the Eclipse in the rear. These vehicle need a 4-wheel alignment and if it is lowered then install the front camber bolt kit in the strut bolt along with a toe or camber kit for the rear.
My son races autocross. He aligned it for me. He designs and manufactures suspension pieces for the autocross community. It has been a few years since it was aligned. I am beginning to think it is time to have it done again. Our pavement out here is pretty rough.. It is hard on it. ...J.D.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
840 Posts
Usually when I see listings for different parts they are listed with U.S. prices... Here in Canada you can almost double what it says cause that's just the way it is. There is a parcel service in Port Huron Michigan which is a boarder city to Sarnia Ontario Canada. I would have things shipped there and then have someone pick parts up for me. Due to this awful pandemic we are having this can't be done. They got you jumping through hoops, you have to have proof of vaccine, and you have to give up your firstborn and a urine sample... oh wait...that part got me in trouble... You're not supposed to piss on the boarder patrol man's shoes… I have mufflers sitting over there for nearly two years...

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
140 Posts
Don't remember what I paid for my swaybar. I know I got a little off by my son buying it in house. He is not working there anymore. At the time I was considering running it as an SCCA "Street Prepaired" car, but I decided against it. ...J.D.

·
Registered
40 Posts
$199 and free s/h from numerous places when I originally searched a few months ago.
I ordered one from Danaport, but they didnt have one in stock, so I cancelled and now I'm just chillin till the Spring. First priority is paint job, which is gonna be at least $2k even if I do most of the prep myself. Price of paint is outrageous!!!

So a shoutout to anyone in the New York area who can repaint my car at a reasonable price? Willing to travel and pitch a tent in your backyard, if necessary? LOL
If you drive to Mexico for paint, body, and interior work you can have it done for $1000. along with a trip to the red light district. Emron paint can still be used on a vehicle in Mexico, which will last a lifetime.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
840 Posts
A $1000 dollars you say...
Paint.............................................$125. Could have got Macco
Body Work...................................$250 Backyard Bondo Job
Interior..........................................$125 by Kim from Ass Monkey Garage
Medical Expensise .....................$500 To cure STD you got going through that red light.

It is with a sad heart I announce the passing of @man300mmello one month after getting his Emron paint job...
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2005 Spyder GT
292 Posts
If you drive to Mexico for paint, body, and interior work you can have it done for $1000. along with a trip to the red light district. Emron paint can still be used on a vehicle in Mexico, which will last a lifetime.
Amazing...billions in fentanyl crosses the boarder into the USA, but we can't get Emron paint??!!

Hecho en Mexico = No way, Jose!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Update-

turns out my whole rear subframe is pretty much bent to shit too so gonna have to replace a lot more than I thought. Gonna be at least another 2-3 weeks or so until it’s back on the road. On the bright side most of my other parts came in so I’ll be busy for the time being 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
840 Posts
I found an 01 Eclipse with a sunroof and manual trans about 35 miles away from me. I messaged the ad and made arrangements to go see the car. It only took me about a half-hour to get there but by the time I arrived the car was sold. What a letdown. My vision of spare parts and a manual trans went right out the window. I wasted my time and gas for nothing..Bummer

·
Registered
140 Posts
Update-

turns out my whole rear subframe is pretty much bent to shit too so gonna have to replace a lot more than I thought. Gonna be at least another 2-3 weeks or so until it’s back on the road. On the bright side most of my other parts came in so I’ll be busy for the time being 🤷‍♂️
I was afraid that would be the case. Hope you can save it. ...J.D.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I found an 01 Eclipse with a sunroof and manual trans about 35 miles away from me. I messaged the ad and made arrangements to go see the car. It only took me about a half-hour to get there but by the time I arrived the car was sold. What a letdown. My vision of spare parts and a manual trans went right out the window. I wasted my time and gas for nothing..Bummer
I am seeing less and less of these cars on the road. I saw one this week for the first time in a year or two. I looked in to selling mine a couple of years back and I don't think I could have gotten more than $1,000 for it-- AT THAT TIME. I just put it away for a couple of years. Now I am seeing them advertised for around $5,000 for a clean one. Mine is a Federal Spec. V-6, 5-speed. Matching numbers. With all the factory bells a whistles. I think I'll keep it a few years now. ...J.D.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
After 15 days the car is almost back on the road. I have replaced virtually everything rear suspension related, had to buy 2 new wheels, and replaced the front bumper. I also did pads and rotors and new tires just because the car had been needing em for a while. everything total set me back about 1500. All that’s left for me to do is get the tires swapped around at a shop and I’ll be back to driving the 3g everyday.

·
Registered
2005 Spyder GT
292 Posts
After 15 days the car is almost back on the road. I have replaced virtually everything rear suspension related, had to buy 2 new wheels, and replaced the front bumper. I also did pads and rotors and new tires just because the car had been needing em for a while. everything total set me back about 1500. All that’s left for me to do is get the tires swapped around at a shop and I’ll be back to driving the 3g everyday.
Good to hear...
No alignment issues?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts