Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I would like to ask for a complete manual (preferable with pictures) how to change sway bar links on 00 Eclipse. I searched through topics here, but couldn't find a step by step one and what tools will I need, because I will have to borrow them. I'm new with that car and I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks

·
Lurker
825 Posts
Get under the back of your car and remove the old end-links. Use an Allen wrench to keep them from spinning and remove them using an open ended wrench. They have two nuts and bolts per end-link. Replace them with Moog end-links as you can re-grease them and they are thicker than the originals. It's not a hard job at all. But hey, if you couldn't find this information out by searching on this website, then I don't have much faith in your ability to replace these end-links either. :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks anyway even if you don't have faith in me. All I could find is basically questions which endlinks are better and stuff like that, and I looked for a long time

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
31,369 Posts
They are easier than you think to replace them, just some time and the tools said in the post above. Trust me, they are really easy, just be sure to get the right end link on the right side... Long ones are for the front, smalls are the rear, and each one has a certain tilt to them for each side they go on. Take one off at a time and replace it, that way you will not get confused.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts

·
CreepnIn The Shadows
4,427 Posts
Moogs are better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, I would like to ask for a complete manual (preferable with pictures) how to change sway bar links on 00 Eclipse. I searched through topics here, but couldn't find a step by step one and what tools will I need, because I will have to borrow them. I'm new with that car and I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks
What size Allen wrench

1 - 12 of 12 Posts