Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just bought whitevis turbo kit (1 gen xtech) and its internally wastegated. im not sure if i want to switch to external right away or do it later down the road. i know that im going to have to redo my down pipe, get a tial wastegate, buy a T3 exducer flange, and 5 bolt with no wastegate hole

is there anything else im missing :confused:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Nope sounds like you got just about everything. Though don't forget gaskets.

BTW If you do decide to go external, are you willing to part with the downpipe?

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why put everything in the car just to have to take it all out again?
thats why im asking for help to if its worth it

Nope sounds like you got just about everything. Though don't forget gaskets.

BTW If you do decide to go external, are you willing to part with the downpipe?
well if i cant modify the down pipe i already have with the kit then i will give it to you

does anybody have pics of their how downpipe goes (externally)

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
thahnic1080 said:
thats why im asking for help to if its worth it

well if i cant modify the down pipe i already have with the kit then i will give it to you

does anybody have pics of their how downpipe goes (externally)
It's the same as what you are getting except with no wastegate chamber. You just have to make up the space where you will be removing the integrated wastegate chamber. The kit that you purchased only made 230whp on a 5spd Fed Spec.

There is another alternative and that's using a wastegate chamber that bleeds off the exhaust into it's own dumptube instead of putting it right back into the exhaust stream after the exducer like these custom DSM kits do on the 4cyl :agreed:

Or you could do even something as bizarre as this if you wanted to get extreme, but I advise agains this since the turbo you are using doesn't lend itself to be used in this way.

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's the same as what you are getting except with no wastegate chamber. You just have to make up the space where you will be removing the integrated wastegate chamber. The kit that you purchased only made 230whp on a 5spd Fed Spec.

There is another alternative and that's using a wastegate chamber that bleeds off the exhaust into it's own dumptube instead of putting it right back into the exhaust stream after the exducer like these custom DSM kits do on the 4cyl

Or you could do even something as bizarre as this if you wanted to get extreme, but I advise agains this since the turbo you are using doesn't lend itself to be used in this way.
ok so i need to weld the external wastegate on the downpipe and find a way to dump it into the exhaust

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
thahnic1080 said:
ok so i need to weld the external wastegate on the downpipe and find a way to dump it into the exhaust
You weld the external wastegate somewhere between the engine and the turbo (since you have to bleed off the exhaust before it goes into the turbo).

You can dump it straight out into the atmosphere if you like.

·
turbo? unf unf!
1,972 Posts
why not keep it internal till you are actually boost creeping/spiking?

most internal wastegates are there for a reason

·
Registered
271 Posts
If you have the xtech manifolds, then they will already have a wastegate flange (or atleast mine did).

BTW From what I hear, a wastegate dumping straight to atm is supposed to be very loud.

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
Jetblackness said:
If you have the xtech manifolds, then they will already have a wastegate flange (or atleast mine did).

BTW From what I hear, a wastegate dumping straight to atm is supposed to be very loud.
He's got an old version of the kit that has an integrated wastegate and hooks directly up to the cali spec manifolds. There are no two xtech kits alike and there is not too much consistency in the design since they were designed and welded right his personal 3G, not a jig like the V6 kits we sell are.

Yes, it is very loud :woot:

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tearstone said:
I just talked to you about this on AIM last night, did you not think I knew what I was talking about? :lol:
i trust you tearstone but you left me brain dead last night but i think im ok now. So i just weld the external wastegate somewhere between the engine and the turbo like this

wheres crow dumpin

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
thahnic1080 said:
i trust you tearstone but you left me brain dead last night but i think im ok now. So i just weld the external wastegate somewhere between the engine and the turbo like this

wheres crow dumpin
:agreed:

Also, for the time being, simply do not hook up a vacuum line to the actuator on the turbo so that it keeps the integrated wastegate closed when using the external wastegate.

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so crows dumping into his exhaust correct

·
Registered
271 Posts
Tearstone said:
He's got an old version of the kit that has an integrated wastegate and hooks directly up to the cali spec manifolds. There are no two xtech kits alike and there is not too much consistency in the design since they were designed and welded right his personal 3G, not a jig like the V6 kits we sell are.

Yes, it is very loud :woot:
lol that made me crack up...it also frightened me. I wonder if I will experience any fitament problems.

So is it true that it sounds like a much meaner version of lift?

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
Jetblackness said:
lol that made me crack up...it also frightened me. I wonder if I will experience any fitament problems.

So is it true that it sounds like a much meaner version of lift?
When your wastegate goes a blazing, you can be sure that people are going to notice it. I had some video clips posted up of what it sounded like racing down the street, but my website is currently stunted.

·
Registered
184 Posts
HEY TEARSTONE, i have a couple of questions, i just got Chris's internally wastegated xtech turbo kit. now i was told youkow about it well. will the fed spec mani work on this turbo kit?? or i have to get cali spec?? also do u have anywhere else i can talk to you about this kit??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts