Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vortech Inside
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, so I need a little help since I'm not an expert on the inner workings of Ripps black box.

A little background info- I originally had Ripps complete stage 2 setup with the supplemental fuel setup (2 RC engineering 650cc injectors) but I agree with the majority on here in saying Ripp could have done better with fuel and electronics. So I'm slowly pulling away from those.

Right now I'm in the process of switching from these supplemental injectors to replacing my stock injectors with 550cc RC Engineering saturated injectors, 3000GT VR4 Fuel rails with the 3sx loop, and an Aeromotive FPR. For those of you with experience with Ripps black box and this setup, what I am wondering is, is it alright if I plug the fuel inlet to the supplemental injectors, cut off the relay and wires going to the black box, and then just hook up the new stuff as normal? Will this still enable me to tune AFRs properly with the black box once I scale the new injectors? Thanks.

·
Boosted
3,343 Posts
i pretty much have the same setup you are planning now except i went with the GReddy Emanage Ultimate. I did play with the black box for awhile. you will need to reflash the ecu for the 550s then you can use the black box to fine tune the timing and fuel.

·
Vortech Inside
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, yeah I was planning on using reflash to scale them and I was hoping you'd see this thread seeing as I don't know many who even use the black box to tune anymore :lol: but so it's ok to just leave the wire that connected the black box to the injectors unconnected?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts