Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
i am looking to change out my tranny fluid. on my 5spd. but i dont see where it is that i put the new oil into. does anyone have either a picture or can explain where to look more specificly.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
When I downshift into first it does pretty much the same thing that jason is talking about...but it did it when I drove the car off the lot. My reverse also wont engage(gears grind) if I try and do it when its not completly stopped (no reverse synchro?). Sorry, I dont know very much about transmissions.

Are the synchros just a little tighter in my car...or is it fucked from the factory. So far 11,500 miles and no other indications.

·
Steel Blue Pearl
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
If you rev match or double clutch it will slide right into 1st, no problem. I'm not going to say it won't hurt anything but thats how you get it to shift smooth into first while moving.

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Crewin323 said:
When I downshift into first it does pretty much the same thing that jason is talking about...but it did it when I drove the car off the lot. My reverse also wont engage(gears grind) if I try and do it when its not completly stopped (no reverse synchro?). Sorry, I dont know very much about transmissions.

Are the synchros just a little tighter in my car...or is it fucked from the factory. So far 11,500 miles and no other indications.
Nope, no synchro on reverse. Matter of fact, it's not even a helical gear like the forward-driven ones. Reverse is straight-cut.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a little trans issue with my gt 5 speed. When the car is cold I have a really hard time going into second, no grind I Just have to pull it real hard to get it in gear. Then in 3rd it goes in easy but it grinds a little. After about 2 minutes of driving it all goes to normal. With out a slight hint of a grind in 3rd when I shift fast. In your opinion is my trans gone? Do you think the problems in 2nd and 3dr are related or are they 2 different types of problems? Any suggestions?

·
bollocks
19,089 Posts
ivansh1 said:
I have a little trans issue with my gt 5 speed. When the car is cold I have a really hard time going into second, no grind I Just have to pull it real hard to get it in gear. Then in 3rd it goes in easy but it grinds a little. After about 2 minutes of driving it all goes to normal. With out a slight hint of a grind in 3rd when I shift fast. In your opinion is my trans gone? Do you think the problems in 2nd and 3dr are related or are they 2 different types of problems? Any suggestions?
:uh: start a new thread dude, this one was about a fool who had the wrong fluid.

·
Got Boost? Me either
5,789 Posts
ivansh1 said:
i agree that you should have started another thread. but to answer your question, that sounds like a normal GT tanny to me. many of us have that same problem. getting BG Synchroshift or Redline gear oil usually will solve the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a question. This gut is selling an eclipse and im very interested in buying it and this is what he said..

Has new clutch kit, tranny, struts, brakes rotars, tires, calibers, coil packs, CV axles, belts, starter, clutch kit has lifetime warranty along with a couple other parts I forget got to look at the receipts, car has 160k Miles. No leaks. Clean Car only needs throwout bearing and 4th gear shift link arm adjusted. IT DOES NOT NEED A SYNCRO IT JUST NEEDS ADJUSTED! Goes into gear and stays until you tap the gas then pops out due to something pulling on the shift arm.

what do you think?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts