Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I Deliver Porsches
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i want a full race equal length manifold type turbo manifold.
They are always T3 though. I want to use a EVO 8 turbo.

Do you guys think that I could cut the T3 flange off a manifold and have my welder weld up my evo 8 flange?

basically do the runners end up in the same area allowing the exhaust flow to go through the EVO 8 flange.

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
ebay makes T3 to dual scroll flanges. I know someone selling a cheap full face clone manifold, brand new made by turbo XS

·
I Deliver Porsches
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1) If you can find me a T3 --> EVO8 flange I will paypal you $1 and give you E-rep everytime i log on here. Ive searched for those on ebay since i first say the full race manifold.

2) how much for the manny. cyberbrain is selling his for 100 and there are a few guys on EVO M at the same price.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
he is looking for cheap solutions. and why would you want to bolt on an evo 8 turbo to that anyways? it doesnt fit right with a t3/t043 turbocharger, it definitely wont fit with an evo8 turbo since it rotates a different direction. the turbo will be slammed up against the block.

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
he is looking for cheap solutions. and why would you want to bolt on an evo 8 turbo to that anyways? it doesnt fit right with a t3/t043 turbocharger, it definitely wont fit with an evo8 turbo since it rotates a different direction. the turbo will be slammed up against the block.
you cut and modify the manifold, or just use a dsm manifold

·
OMFG
6,632 Posts
Shit even a t3 is up against the block. THe evo turbo would be inside the firewall. :hahano:

·
Lift and Separate
2,259 Posts
Ok i want a full race equal length manifold type turbo manifold.
I want to use a EVO 8 turbo.
Why? :rofl:

I suppose if you want to spend $1200 so you can reach a full 8psi spool at 2000 RPM, then I won't question you. But they are always T3 flanged because they're not designed for pussy turbos? :)

·
I Deliver Porsches
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1) the stock evo 9 turbo is not a pussy turbo... most turbo'd 3G's arent reaching power that is above and beyond what a 9 turbo can put out.

2) i must not have put the word style like i did on evom. I meant full race style... aka ram horn style.

3) that link you provided is not for a twin scroll evo8 turbo... they are different.

4) the full race clone manifold with a T3 turbo wouldnt fit in our car?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts