Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey. Fairly new to the site. Already finding it useful and I'm already able to be useful. I'd definitely like to find more Club3g meets in and around Tennessee. I'm sure I will though.

Here's some pics of the car. Sorry no engine pics. They're on my other computer. I'll get them sometime. I'm always looking to do something else. Something cheap, something rare, something interesting. Shoot me some ideas!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! It's stock paint (needs redone) and a wingswest full lip kit. I'd really like some Mitsubishi Evo wheels.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks nice. I would get rid of that front licence plate holder and get some wheels. Welcome:wavey:
Want to give me some advice on getting that thing off? I went to pull the bumper to get it and the bumper is held on in like, 15 spots across the front of the car. And...I want some evo VIII or IX wheels. Hard to find.

·
Super Moderator
4,761 Posts
As far as I remember, the holder is held on by phillips heads screws. Remove those and what is left are the female socket surrounded by rubber. The idea is like a drywall anchor, as you put in the screws, it compresses the rubber behind the bumper, making it larger then the hole and holding it in place.

They will pull out of the bumper using a little bit of force, leaving holes that you can find caps for at Home Depot/Lowe's and paint to match.

Granted this is how they put them in 9 years ago when I bought my car so who knows if they are using something else. For any more info, do a search because I know it has been covered in the past.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
Welcome. Is that a 2" drop?
You betcha. Eibach springs and KYB Struts. Handles like a dream. Body roll is about gone.
OK, we pretty much have the same setup. I have Eibach Pro-Kit springs and KYB GR-2 struts. I remember you posted you have GR-2's as well but you must be using Eibach Sportline springs. I can't go that low, with the roads here and now with the added weight of a 3.5L motor plus turbo kit the drop would be more like 2.5". The bottom of my bumper would get killed.:lol: I'm sure the handling is great. Nice job.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
Want to give me some advice on getting that thing off? I went to pull the bumper to get it and the bumper is held on in like, 15 spots across the front of the car. And...I want some evo VIII or IX wheels. Hard to find.
What MCMike37 posted is correct about the front plate holder. I removed mine with no problem. I never filled the holes left behind but I bought a new bumper a while after anyway. About the Evo VIII or IX wheels look on Evolution.net. I joined that forum and that's where I bought my set of powdercoated black Evo VIII wheels.

·
Registered
219 Posts
nice lip kit and drop. i would say get some wheels and some healights tail lights and she would be looking great.

beautiful ride

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
Wow, I am really impressed. The kit looks great. But just like others have said, drop and wheels would make it look even better.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Car looks good! :yesway:

lol @ the VW with Corvette wheels.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts