Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
What about my throddle cable that wraps around the sohc. Will this be changed in the swap. Is there an actual parts list put together. I have found a few but not complete. Can anyone that has done the 4g64 sohc head swap message me please?

·
Engineer/Realist
4,999 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not so much hitting as I'm not sure what to do with it. On the 4g64 sohc I had beakers to hold it. On the 4g63 dohc I don't see it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As far as your project goes, I believe Flash was able to swap heads without using a standalone and has a N/A eclipse. He is probably your best source for information.

You will have to modify your current exhaust manifold &/or piping to mate up with the evo head. I also suggest that you use an AEM EMS.

As far as saying our block can handle boost fairly well, I would also advise you to build the entire engine or at least use forged pistons. It doesn't make sense to swap the head and leave the block stock imo.

Good Luck, look forward to seeing your progress.
I had a ⁉ I had a supercharged cavalier and it had a twin cam interference motor as my '03 GS eclipse has a single I wanted to see if I could swap the both of the motors and they would correctly be set up

·
Registered
581 Posts
I had a ⁉ I had a supercharged cavalier and it had a twin cam interference motor as my '03 GS eclipse has a single I wanted to see if I could swap the both of the motors and they would correctly be set up
Absolutely not. But you should try to swap it in and find out why it won't work.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts