Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many of you guys are using the stock oil filter housing for the oil feed line? I'm thinking about using a VR4 housing since it comes with 2 holes in it already (one for the feed line, the other for the tranny cooler), though it maybe simpler to just use the stock one.

Any thoughts on this? I like the fact that the VR4 housing bolts right up, though tapping it could save me $50.

Thanks.

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
Jetblackness said:
I was wondering how many of you guys are using the stock oil filter housing for the oil feed line? I'm thinking about using a VR4 housing since it comes with 2 holes in it already (one for the feed line, the other for the tranny cooler), though it maybe simpler to just use the stock one.

Any thoughts on this? I like the fact that the VR4 housing bolts right up, though tapping it could save me $50.

Thanks.
All you need to do is simply put a "T" fitting on there and send the feed out to your Super/Turbo. The VR4 housing should have two holes in it for two turbos, or one for the sensor and one for an oil cooler?

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
i got an extra oil filter housing here i'll let go for $35 shipped if someone wants it so they can get it drilled and tapped so you don't have to mess with t's and clearance issues with the compressor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts