Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Boost by RIPP
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to install a Golden Eagle vacuum manifold this weekend on my car to eliminate all the "t's" I have currently, and I was planning on cutting the brake booster hose closer to the manifold so I don't hit the check valve in the hose. I am going to use the vac. manifold for my boost gauge, bov, aftermarket fpr, and brake booster. Would it be a bad idea to use this as the main vacuum source if I run the section of hose that goes to the brake booster to one of the outlets on the Golden Eagle? Will it cause a difference in brake performance because of the reduction in vacuum?

·
Turbo Buick > you
1,336 Posts
Isnt that where they recommend you tap it?

·
Registered
366 Posts
That is how my SDS vacuum is setup. It works great and I have not notice any additional in brake peddle pressure required. The check valve is in the curved part near the brake booster. You pretty much can tap anywhere in that line prior to where it starts to make the several bends around to the brake booster. You can feel the check valve in the hose.

·
Boost by RIPP
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. I figured it was okay, but I wanted to see if anyone else had done this or not. Thanks! :yesway:

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
Yep, I had it when the 14b was on. Works great. No noticable change in brakes. Make sure you do tap it, like you said, closer to the manifold. I made that mistake, lol... Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts