Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Fullmetal
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to Steady's turbo thread, I bought my turbo the other day, I started a new thread to show the progress. In my list of turbo parts I have in my possession at this time:
EVO/DSM Exhaust iron cast manifold,
T3, T3/T04e, T4 oil line kit from eBay
Megan Racing Fuel Pressure Regulator From Slowboy Racing (Installed)
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump (Installed)
WRX (non-STi) Injectors
3 pillar gauge

what's on the Way
Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim

what I need as of now is a
Custom 3in Downpipe (Thinking DSM AWD piping or an pipe from an autoshop)
3in inlet muffler from Slowboy Racing
AEM EMS
Intercooler from Tearstone
Intercooler piping from eBay
Wastegate (don't know yet, thinking 40mm)
Blow Off Valve (don't know yet, thinking Gozilla SRT-4)
Quaife LSD
High stall torque converter

I know I have a long way to go so, any support and help is greatly appreciated.

·
Fullmetal
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I'm Auto, so, I'm hoping with the AEM EMS there will be no problem with a decent tune. In the future plans, I'll plan on swapping for the 5 speed or EVO trans rear drive shafts, front and rear cross members for the acceleration and weight compensation.

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
Yea, I'm Auto, so, I'm hoping with the AEM EMS there will be no problem with a decent tune. In the future plans, I'll plan on swapping for the 5 speed or EVO trans rear drive shafts, front and rear cross members for the acceleration and weight compensation.
Are you planning on wiring it up in conjunction with the ECU?

Otherwise you'll have to do the tranny swap first. From what I understand the EMS won't control a transmission.

*edit* you should hit up NAPALM to find out where he found his adapter plate to go from TDO5-->T3 exhaust flange.

·
Fullmetal
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Are you planning on wiring it up in conjunction with the ECU?

Otherwise you'll have to do the tranny swap first. From what I understand the EMS won't control a transmission.
No, I'm not doing the stand alone. I won't pass emissions with the stand alone.

*edit* you should hit up NAPALM to find out where he found his adapter plate to go from TDO5-->T3 exhaust flange.
thanks for the info, save to my bookmark

·
Registered
110 Posts
nice to see some one else in chicago area do this, who are you looking into tuning your beast, AMS? good luck man

·
Fullmetal
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nice to see some one else in chicago area do this, who are you looking into tuning your beast, AMS? good luck man
I might as well, they said they will sell me the EMS and do the tune for about 3K, not an exact quote, but I am going to call them tomorrow and see what quote I'll get for my car, hopefully it's the same

·
Fullmetal
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
OMFG
6,632 Posts
I have a question, is there an way to save my A/C? I heard there was an adapter for that, but I'm not sure of the name of the adapter.
Im not sure what an adapter is going to do for your AC.
But with a DSM manifold like the one I used, its very possible to keep your AC. But its going to require some good fab skills and some patience to get the downpipe to fit.

·
Fullmetal
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sweet and like i said before good luck and keep us updated
you should come to the next northern Great lakes club 3G meets, there's going to be another boosted like me.

·
Fullmetal
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
OMFG
6,632 Posts
I'm guessing your using the DSM AWD 2G downpipe?
This is the exhaust manifold I bought
4G63 Eclipse, Evo, Cast Turbo Manifold - TREADSTONE PERFORMANCE
I made my downpipe. If you want to keep your AC thats pretty much the only way you're going to be able to accomplish that.

Hate to burst your bubble, but that manifold is known to be HORRIBLY cast. I heard the bolt holes dont even line up. :dunno:
Have you received it yet? Its actually a copy of the Turbonetics manifold that SBR sells; Slowboy Racing, Inc. :: DSM :: Exhaust :: Manifolds / Headers :: Turbonetics :: Turbonetics Mitsubishi Starion, Conquest, Montero 2.6L T3 Manifold

But anyway, you do realize that you dont need that adapter flange for the Treadstone/Turbonetics manifold, right?

·
Fullmetal
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Damn, it was the first thing I bought and yea, it's here already. So, I have to get rid it?

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
not necessarily.

Get the exhaust gasket, and compare the lineup of the holes.

I think that the worst case scenario, you'll have to dremmel a bit to make room for the heads of the bolts.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts