Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, quick question. I just purchased new suspensions for my car. they're TEIN Super Street Damper Kit w/ Pillow Ball Mounts. ($1300)
My question is, is this suspension really good, and is performance worth more than skunk2 KYB or other suspensions out there. I'm aiming for a time attack vehicle. and as you can tell I havent gotten them installed yet.
thank you

·
stupid booster
7,219 Posts
shouldnt u research them before you buy them?

On a side note i rode in my buddys tein basics in his acura and i loved it

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yeah I did research and what I read was the super street was really good. and the rep on TEIN is fantastic. But reading can only go so far. It's all about going out and testing the product

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
You're trying to make a 3G Eclipse a time attack vehicle? Who told you it was a good car at accelerating in bursts and handling all out for a lap? :lol: And where exactly are you participating in time attack trials in your area? Just curious.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that would have been the smart thing with how much they cost. They will have a very stiff bumpy ride so will make street driving a little rougher.

Yeah I know, but im not going to really use this one in the street as much. its going to be for time attack. I have another for everyday use

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its no redline time attack. but its just a couple of guys with 3Gs and also theres a couple of guys with celicas. LOL... nothing really competative. we sometimes just go to the one in lakeland. local to us. but planning on going to sebring one of these days.... yeah we're going to get pumpled but its just to see.

·
3g -> LGT
738 Posts
I can vouch that this suspension is great...the ride isnt too bad on the softest setting, but i have taken this suspension to its limits at Tail of the Dragon (US 129 in TN) and it handles extremely well. Used it since spring of 05, and love it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts