Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 mitsu eclipse gs, 2.4L sportronic 102,xxx miles

i bought the car with a blown head gasket, replaced the head gasket and burped the system, havent had a problem overheating, so im not tooo worried, but minorly annoyed.

so far i have replaced the thermostat, as stated above coolant flush, i also replaced the temperature sending unit, along with checking the pins on the connector with a testlight ( both are neg. when car is off, when car is on one is hot one is neg), my fans do come on, however a tech. at work told me that that is part of a different system.

so my question is why would my temp needle stay buried below the cold mark, obviously the engine is warm if fans are kicking on. could it be that somehow the temp gauge was blown out when overheate (seems extremely unlikely). please let me know if you know of others with this problem, or have seen this prob.

by the way: i did see a similar thread for the new members forum, but i read through and didnt find much help, plus that one was for a 6 cyl, gt and manual i believe, so i figured this system was completely different

·
Registered
119 Posts
on the 2.4's there is 2 different coolant temp sensors. Theres a 2 wire temp sensor that communicates with the computer and a single black wire sensor that sits near the intake manifold. The single wire sensor goes to your gauge. Check to make sure its connected and check the condition of the wire.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where on the intake would this wire be located, my free time is very limited and so the less time i have to look the more likely i will find, thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nevermind, thanks for the input bakergs, i found it in a matter of a few seconds once i got a decent light to look at it

·
Registered
1 Posts
H
nevermind, thanks for the input bakergs, i found it in a matter of a few seconds once i got a decent light to look at it
Hey sorry to bother any chance you can tell me where that switch is located i cant find it the aingle cable switch for gauge mine is doing the same

1 - 5 of 5 Posts