Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have this problem with my '01 Eclipse Spyder GS. After 5 minutes or so of driving and oil starts to warm up, Temp. Gauge starts reaching 3/4's on the dash. It's stays there when moving above 30 mph but doesn't come close to reaching the H for overheating. Then when i start to slow down and come to a stop at a light, Temp. Gauge comes back down to normal right to the middle. When I start to move again, gauge climbs back up to 2/3's-3/4's and stays there. I've put in new coolant, replaced the upper and lower hoses, and the thermostat. Planning on getting a new radiator cap and a funnel to burp the cooling system to see if I have any air in there.

Also no white smoke coming out of the exhaust.

If anyone has had this issue on there car and found a fix, or can give any info as to why my car is doing this I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok this happen too me about 3 months ago.. same exact symptoms. . The problem is.. you need to burp out you're radiator. . The way I burp it out was I bought a spill free funnel here's the link of what it is

Lisle 24610 Spill-Free Funnel:Amazon:Automotive

the reason you're car is doing this is cause you have air inside of you're radiator. . You need to take the air out..

On my car the reason.. air was getting in was cuz I had a hole in my coolant reservoir. . But yeah.. check out some youtube videos on spill free funnel to learn more about it.. good luck man..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, just ordered it yesterday as well with the radiator cap. Hopefully it gets here by wednesday so I can check an see if that is the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts