Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
So I just swapped my faceplate for a 01-02 stratus coupe for my 03 eclipse GTS. My speedo and tacho work perfect, same with gas i think… however my issue is with my temperature gauge. When it’s cold I turn my key to accessory mode and the needle starts slowly increasing to the first line. When fully warm and operating the needle sits at 70-80 percent. Now Im certain my car doesnt overheat it sounds perfectly normal and it has never had a past of overheating even sitting at 179k miles. I’m thinking I may have just put my needle on incorrectly?

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT
380 Posts
If you're certain your car isn't overheating and you haven't changed anything else since you swapped faceplates, I'd just adjust the needle so it's at the middle when the car is warmed up.

What's the other scenario? That something broke in the cooling system on the exact day you were swapping the cluster and removing the temperature needle?? That's pretty darn unlikely.

·
Registered
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're certain your car isn't overheating and you haven't changed anything else since you swapped faceplates, I'd just adjust the needle so it's at the middle when the car is warmed up.

What's the other scenario? That something broke in the cooling system on the exact day you were swapping the cluster and removing the temperature needle?? That's pretty darn unlikely.
Lmao yea, the needle is very picky and wont go to the 45% resting spot the closest i got was 50 but we’ll see

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT
380 Posts
Can't you install the needle while the engine is warmed up or running, and power is on the gauge? Sure, you'd have to make sure the back of the panel is covered and wear light gloves or something so you don't short the panel, but it seems like a sound approach for precise needle placement.

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
454 Posts
I would suggest maybe a mismatch between the temp sender and the gauge. You might want to find the correct sender for that gauge. ...J.D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts