Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Pandora
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NO LONGER TESTING INTEREST!ACTUAL GB!Note:Starting at $70shipped each Originally $90shipped
SEND ME A PM IF YOU WANT TO BE ADDED TO THE LIST OF SERIOUSLY INTERESTED!

Group Buy
(As payments are recieved They will be worked on and shipped as completed)
First Wave
1.nate_0022 PAYMENT RECIEVED 12/06 ReShipping
2.k0r3n_ooh PAYMENT RECIEVED 12/10 Shipped
3.Halfdead325 PAYMENT RECIEVED 12/14 Shipped
4.darkshadows PAYMENT RECIEVED 12/14 Shipped
5.Bones PAYMENT RECIEVED 2/? Processed
5.jdmsupra AWAITING PAYMENT
6.mspredeclipse AWAITING PAYMENT
7.NC[Spyder]GT AWAITING PAYMENT
8.DCeclipse AWAITING PAYMENT
9.04gsna INTERESTED
10.gtseclipse INTERESTED
11.3gen2dmax INTERESTED
12.ez06 INTERESTED
13.WesGt INTERESTED
14.ProjectRS INTERESTED
15.ahspimp023 INTERESTED
16.ICEMAN99TURBO INTERESTED

Information
After discovering CF parts are becoming more and more rare I found a guy who is making Real Carbon Fiber 2X2 weave Grade A. He has been selling them for a solid 89.95 shipped for a while now. After talking to him The part he makes slides right over the armrest and stays firmly in place without glue. The fitment is exact so its snug. The part is completely finished and doesnt have any rough edges. Ive asked him for a picture of the underside and he said he is looking for one. He also make Real Carbon Fiber Wrapped Door Handles and Can Wrap your gas door(with core exchange...) I gave him the total of people that are interested. He can be found on ebay time to time selling custom CF parts for random car types. He has a very good seller rep and if its really desired i can order mine first and then continue with the group buy. however if we do so the waiting period will be extended. 2-3 weeks for 1-10 armrests. so if i order mine on December 7th ill get it around Christmas. He guarentees his product and uses a UV treated clear coat so it wont crack or fade. Ill see how much he wants to charge me for a sample.(1st one) He was mentioning at this rate of interest we can get it priced at $70 shipped. SEND ME A PM IF YOU WANT TO BE ADDED TO THE LIST OF SERIOUSLY INTERESTED!

This is the underside of a str4. (Same fitment)

He has given me pictures of armrests he made a while back for eclipse 3gen.

Here are pics of the armrests for the Eclipse 2gen.

Here is one installed on a srt4. (Same fitment)

·
OMFG... Erf.....
1,741 Posts
u mean armrests in CF vinyl like mine? my interior isn't the same anymore but i still have the armrest, and even i can make these, its easy.
i Will take off my armrest and take more pics of it underside tomorrow if anyone wants to see it, i also do upholstry lol no its not a business pitch and i never considering doing it for other people but maybe i should, i've also did my armrests also myself, and the seats also

·
Xenon Powered
1,049 Posts
I'd be interested, Is this going to be a hard material, or more of a soft like we have now? Is he going to use real carbon fiber? I think it would be cool to have it just like any other Carbon Fiber product.

·
Pandora
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its real CarbonFiber. I wrote him another email asking him for pictures and information. I almost bought his last one off him but lost the bid. He sounds eager to make a bundle of them for a cheaper rate. Im hoping its low :)

·
Pandora
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so he said he doesnt have any more instock but he has some pictures taken of the previous ones so he is looking for them right now. He has sold them for 89.95 each and he is going out to buy more supplies and will get back to us on what type of deal we can get for how many we buy. I am also talking to him about shipping. Depending on how many people are interested im debating on him shipping me the whole lot or if he will ship them out individually. He uses Grade A 2x2 Real Carbon Fiber weave. The under side is finished and looks very well done. like i said he is getting the pictures as we speak so hopefully i will be able to post them tonight or tommorow morning. Please let me know if your Interested=not fully sure but might buy in OR Buying= Interested in picking one up for under $90+shipping. (still working the shipping and the price out to get it lower. i am confident he will drop the price more today or tommorow when he sends the pics) I will switch your status over to Paid obviously when you make the payment.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Need pics of both the top and bottom/inside. May be interested. For me it would have to be real CF.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Need pics of both the top and bottom/inside. May be interested. For me it would have to be real CF.
I agree. I understand you don't have photos of this actual piece yet, but you could post up photos of other projects he has done to confirm the quality.

Also.. is there a core exchange or anything that would be required or is he making a direct replacement that is a simple swap?

·
Pandora
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i wouldnt move it quiet yet to group buy. Wait till we get pictures and confirm a price. This is a Direct Replacement and it is Real Carbon Fiber! Its a very simple swap like i said its 2 screws. :) I will write him again to see his progress and if he has any other pictures of his projects. I was very impressed by the last one he had fabbed up. It was a pic of the top and one of the bottom. Just waiting for him to send me those pics. I forgot to save the ones i saw a last month. I will ask him if we could do a core exchange but im pretty sure he is fabbing the whole thing cause i remember the underside having a cup holder and tissue dispenser.

·
Pandora
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i sent out another email with everyones questions. ill check it tommorow. ive got work early in the morning.

·
Pandora
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I updated the ^^^^Top Post^^^^ I stand corrected. the part isnt a full rebuild its a snug cover\overlay. Its real carbon fiber with clear coat that slides snug over the part and sits so firm it locks in place. The cupholder\tissue dispencer was a armrest from a different car that could be used in our application but is purchased seperately....still trying to find out where. :/ still working on a picture of the under side. (AND)since he doesnt have any in stock he doesnt have a way of taking a picture with his name next to it. so im seeing how much it will cost to have him send a sample product out for me to check out and take new pictures of. Please PM me if you want to be added to the list of people who are seriously interested. If its on the thread its just counted as a possible interest not serious and arent added.

·
Pandora
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
come on......any new interests? I have 5 people not including myself that are fully interested. You must send me a pm to get on the list. I need a person that is interested in buying the first one he sends our group To take more pictures. This will help raise interest and insuring a low price. He sells them for 90+10shipping atm and said that we can get them for 60-70shipped if we get over 15+buyers. Im trying to work out a price for the first one. It sounds like i might be able to get the first one shipped for $60. if we get a sufficient number of people buying we might get $60 shipped for them all. (<best outcome)

·
Pandora
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bump.... we need atleast 10 people on the list of interested. to get this rolling.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts