Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Unemployable
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this book up after seeing it mentioned in some of the older threads in this forum. It was a pretty good read and I was able to spend time to sit down and get through pretty quick taking a few notes here and there. I don't plan on following it to a T since I am not willing to sway from my current strength training workout plan. However, I see that it promotes a lifestyle change based on diet and that is what's important for me. Much like the other members who mentioned it, I'm already used to eating most of the foods promoted in the book and it's a matter of cutting out the daily crap I eat and focusing on the power foods.

I'm about 6'1"-6'2" tall and I weighed in at 220 twice this past month and it's by far the most I've weighed. I absolutely hate the way I look and feel lately and have set an ideal weight of 190, though I would be more than content with 200 and a muscular build. It's not an impossible diet, but it's a challenge in a time of always being on-the-go. Something I have going for me is I've never been someone who's been big on salting/buttering foods including toast/vegetables, so that should help but I have a few questions:

1) Incorporating beans into my diet will be a challenge.. Regularly cooking dry beans for hours at a time isn't something I'd be willing to do. I'd go for canned beans, but it's not recommended due to the high sodium content of canned food. Any alternatives to this?

2) I've constantly heard the benefits of eating fish, but I have never liked seafood. Salmon and tuna (filets) are recommended and many people who lift eat canned tuna. Can anyone recommend what kind of fish to eat that have the most mild 'seafood' flavor?

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
1) With canned beans, drain and rinse them. They're fully cooked so you can then heat them up and season them any way you'd like. Also, soy milk and soy products are very high in protein and make for a healthy alternative to high-cholesterol red meat and pork products.

2) White fish such as halibut, mahi mahi, tilapia, grouper, etc., have a very mild flavor without tasting "fishy" the way catfish and the like taste. Although they're not as high in Omega-3 fatty acids as a good tuna or salmon steak. I'll have to doublecheck but I believe their protein content is also lower.

·
Unemployable
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been trying this for four days now and I gotta say it's weird going from eating at random times to eating six times a day on somewhat of a schedule. I'm never really hungry at all, but I want food all the time :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts