Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
R.I.P Shavana :(
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, this looks freakin awesome.

Clips: Force Unleashed Tech Continues To Astound

If I thought I could get away with simply posting this video and the word "drool" underneath it, then you wouldn't be reading this sentence right now. LucasArts showcases the triple-play of Havok physics, Pixelux's Digital Molecular Matter, and NaturalMotion's Euphoria, showing how the three technologies are combining to make Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for the PS3 and Xbox 360 the ultimate Jedi game. I'm planning on spending my entire time with the game just running around breaking things and going, "Ooooooo, lookatthat!" Sure it's a massive, irrational intrusion into Star Wars canon, but when you compare it to Soulcalibur IV suddenly it doesn't seem so bad.

·
I do not approve.
11,569 Posts
I played the demo a few days ago.

The game is pretty much God of War set in the Star Wars universe. Some of the controls are simpler and some are more complex, for example the force grip, but all in all, it's a very well thought out game. They didn't reinvent the wheel. They gave players a unique, exciting spin on the Star Wars universe while not creating a screwy control system. There's also a contextual sequential pattern system for boss fights (at least in this particular one) where you have to hit a button and then another and then another all relatively quickly to execute a clever maneuver.

Picking up and moving objects with the Force takes some getting used to, but in a short period of time, you'll be hurling Stormtroopers at each other, snatching thermal detonators out of the air and returning them to sender, and grabbing TIE Fighters off of storage conveyors to toss at your foes. As you progress, you level up and gain new abilities. The demo allows you to see one such level-up.

While I don't think I'll be able to buy the game for a while, I look forward to playing it eventually. It's right up my alley.

·
From the Internet
2,303 Posts
Just beat this game, and I must say it was really good. Only thing I didn't like was the very, very short story mode. WTF, less than a day. Someone could easily beat it in one sitting. The other complaint I have is that apparently there is no level select after clearing the game. I'm bitching about this because of the endings. You have to do the last level over again to get it, and since there's no level select, you have to beat the whole game again. I give it a 7/10.

·
R.I.P Shavana :(
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just beat this game, and I must say it was really good. Only thing I didn't like was the very, very short story mode. WTF, less than a day. Someone could easily beat it in one sitting. The other complaint I have is that apparently there is no level select after clearing the game. I'm bitching about this because of the endings. You have to do the last level over again to get it, and since there's no level select, you have to beat the whole game again. I give it a 7/10.
Seems to be on par with all the other reviews. I am kind of disappointed, I was expecting allot more. Great story, not that great of game play. I got it for the iphone, also really short.

·
Registered
110 Posts
:agreed:

·
Batman Scholar
2,499 Posts
I really liked the game, though I complain also of the level select feature.

I loved the story; it's Star Wars material hands down.

·
Batman Scholar
2,499 Posts
There IS a level select. You have to be in a mission, hit start, and then the option should be there. It's only there if you've beaten the game though.
But the levels are not there when you complete the game!
Making you have to play the game again if you want to the *other* thing at the end... I just finished it again :fawk:

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
I really should have read about this game, but I admit that I bought this on an impulse buy. I beat this in 6 hours and I'm a little disappointed that I spent $50 on a game that I beat in 6 hours. The game was very enjoyable, but just way too short and it wasn't all that challenging really. Also portions of the levels continued to repeat themselves, as there were a lot of short cuts in level design when creating this game.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts