Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
4g64T
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i've owned my 3g eclipse for a little while now and I've been inspired by all of the turbo threads to maybe look into following the same flow. I started looking around and getting some prices and i saw this go up on ebay and couldnt let it pass. It's a Big 16G turbo from an Evo 8 I purchased the turbo, manifold, and o2 housing all in perfect condition for $285.(Only 7,500 miles) I just wanted to see what you all thought. I'll post pics as soon as possible!

·
Selling turbo kit!!!
618 Posts
You my friend got a killer deal as long as the turbo has no shaft play. But trust me when i say this get ready for a long bumpy yet fun road.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i sure as hell hope you know your shit.

Going FI is easier said than done. Its easy to buy a bunch of turbos and manis, you need to know what your car can handle and what it cant. Do as much research as you can before you jump into this project.

·
Selling turbo kit!!!
618 Posts
i sure as hell hope you know your shit.

Going FI is easier said than done. Its easy to buy a bunch of turbos and manis, you need to know what your car can handle and what it cant. Do as much research as you can before you jump into this project.
your just pissed cause he got a killer deal :fawk:

·
Selling turbo kit!!!
618 Posts
:nono:...i just dont want him to end up like you....stuck in a ford ranger::ghey3:......OOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
::ghey3: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
:mecry: :mecry:: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

but for real man you have a great start now the hard part reading up on everything on these forums about boosting. It will take time but put you ahead in the long run. I hope you stick with it, and have fun.

·
Banned
2,052 Posts
Ok guys, both of you are right, first lets not get off subject. Yes he got a good deal, and on the other hand please do learn the car you drive before you boost it, im not a I4 guy but it seems alot easier then the V6 when it comes to boost so if I can have a SDS then you can do the Turbo just do it right the first time around.

·
Selling turbo kit!!!
618 Posts
Ok guys, both of you are right, first lets not get off subject. Yes he got a good deal, and on the other hand please do learn the car you drive before you boost it, im not a I4 guy but it seems alot easier then the V6 when it comes to boost so if I can have a SDS then you can do the Turbo just do it right the first time around.
Your exactly right about doing it right the first time. I read up for months and thought i had turned over every stone, turns out i still missed a few things and what was supposed to be under a week, has now been 3, going on 4. If you do it right 1st and know your stuff you will relieve yourself of alot of headache. Pick up the book Maximum Boost its a great read. You can get it at Barnes and Noble it will teach you a whole whole lot about turbocharging.

·
4g64T
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanx for the encouragement!....I plan to do all my homework research and plan ahead. I'm going to take my time and do it right the first time round. I've read many threads on FI for the GS/RS and I've compiled a list from other builders and buying pieces bit by bit. My next item will probably be Emanage or Intercooler. My GS is a 2000 so ecuflash is out of the question...and i believe that emissions in NC prevent me from doing the 01 ecu swap?correct me if im wrong please. And ofcourse the ever so great "Search" feature will be my best friend. I appreciate any input.

·
Banned
2,052 Posts
Thanx for the encouragement!....I plan to do all my homework research and plan ahead. I'm going to take my time and do it right the first time round. I've read many threads on FI for the GS/RS and I've compiled a list from other builders and buying pieces bit by bit. My next item will probably be Emanage or Intercooler. My GS is a 2000 so ecuflash is out of the question...and i believe that emissions in NC prevent me from doing the 01 ecu swap?correct me if im wrong please. And ofcourse the ever so great "Search" feature will be my best friend. I appreciate any input.
Yeah emissions must suck, as for me living in the KY there is not a single one. Maybe you should just save up and go Standalone one day, there is one for sale in the forums for a I4 its a Haltech E6 if im correct. Well worth the money and will allow higher boost levels then you will ever imagine. It all depends on how you want the car.

·
Selling turbo kit!!!
618 Posts
Wow you have this forum down. Search will def. be best your friend but with the ecu swap i dont see why you couldnt do it because of emissions. I'm in the process right now so i'll let you know how it goes. Are you an auto or manny?

·
Banned
2,052 Posts

·
4g64T
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heres my car's stats

Color:Black
Model: GS
Miles: 70,000
Tran.: M/T
Year: 2000

I will most deffently go with a Stand alone next year after summer funds come in, but for now imma go emanage.....or if I'm able to find out that the ECU swap is possible ill go that route. I need the wastegate piece so ill be looking for that next, i found one at a DSM store for 8.00 so that will probably be my best bet.

·
Banned
2,052 Posts
Heres my car's stats

Color:Black
Model: GS
Miles: 70,000
Tran.: M/T
Year: 2000

I will most deffently go with a Stand alone next year after summer funds come in, but for now imma go emanage.....or if I'm able to find out that the ECU swap is possible ill go that route. I need the wastegate piece so ill be looking for that next, i found one at a DSM store for 8.00 so that will probably be my best bet.

Also by the time you will need standalone you will need forged internals, better flowing heads, head gaskets, ect... The I4 is good for around 12-14 psi on stock internals and the V6 is only good for around 8psi stock.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts