Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i had a pair of powerslot rotors, but i was unhappy with the noise, although the stopping power was good, they seemed to get warped often.

so i just recently put back on my stock pads, and they are making a loud and embarrassing noise, i thought maybe the shop did a bad turn on them, so i made the shop return them, but it is still making a loud screech during slow brakes, so i am thinking about just getting a whole new setup.

i was looking on ebay and ran across these, so i was just wondering what were your thoughts on these?

eBay Motors: ECLIPSE 90-92-93-94-95-96-98-99-00-01 BRAKE ROTORS+PADS (item 280191321847 end time Jan-20-08 20:47:33 PST)

it seems okay, and the price is great, but i am just not hoping i spend money to run into the same problem :noplease:

should i try with the above package, or re-turn my powerslots and go with new pads ( btw i've had my powerslots on for almost 5-6 years, so they might not have much left on them anymore )

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I personally don't like drilled rotors...especially when they're eBay specials. I take it you have an RS or GS since that auction listed them as being for a 4 cylinder. If all goes well, I'll be installing my BBK this weekend and won't need my stock brakes...the rotors and ceramic pads were bought new in January, but the car was hardly driven for 4 months while I was in Korea. I know they're stock, but it'd be an inexpensive alternative...PM me if you're intersted in them...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
brakes

i might be interested but im thinking the shipping will be a s-load of money

what did you head over to korea for, are you military?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
i might be interested but im thinking the shipping will be a s-load of money

what did you head over to korea for, are you military?
Yeah, I'm in the military...for now (I'll be getting out in the next couple of months it looks like). As for shipping, I have an account with DHL, so it shouldn't be too much...depends on if you'd want the calipers too (if not I'd say it'll probably run around $20-30 depending on where you live, possibly a little cheaper)...I'll try and get a weight on everything this weekend, so if you want to give me your zip code I can get you an estimate...

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
I'd do the powerslots or get some more, maybe some brembo blanks.

Do some searching here and read up on warped rotors and the process for bedding in brakes. It's possible that your rotors aren't warped, but instead they have some uneven deposits from the pads, which will feel like a warp. Could be how you use them that's doing this too, which would mean that any rotor you buy could have the same problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts