Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But i gotta ask it cause i don't know. Should I be able to grab and move my wastegate actuator and open and close it with my hand. Cuase i definitely can't.....

·
Registered
484 Posts
Its pretty hard to do it....if you take out the two bolts holding the actuator you can open or closed it real easy lolz:twothumb:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok good haha, i was worried there might be something wrong with it....

Also, can the nut and threads at the bottom be adjusted to adjust boost pressure at all? I don't think they can, and was planning on just running wastegate pressure anyhow, but was just wondering.....

·
Lift and Separate
2,259 Posts
Also, can the nut and threads at the bottom be adjusted to adjust boost pressure at all? I don't think they can, and was planning on just running wastegate pressure anyhow, but was just wondering.....
Well I don't know what kind of wastegate you have, but generally no. There is a spring inside that defines how much boost you can run. In order to adjust boost pressure, you have to change the spring or get a boost controller.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Be careful that if you had to clock the turbo you don't force the wastegate actuator into a position where it can't open. I did that once on my DSM. Can you say 35 psi? Thank God I watched my gauges and had a built motor w/ a safe tune.

·
OMFG... Erf.....
1,741 Posts
ok good haha, i was worried there might be something wrong with it....

i'm guessing u have a evo 8 turbo right, that has a nut and thread u can adjust but theres a Certain point thats a preload set point for the stock evo turbo's and from there on u can adjust the thread of the actuator.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahah, yeah, the actuator rod for my external gate lol

it's a evo 8 16g, INTERNALLY gated... :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts