Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:sam:I have a 2001 GT w/ 85k on it, I just bought it so i dont have much background besides that. About a day ago my SES light came on, so i went over to autozone and got the codes. My car was throwing out two of them, the first was a P0154: O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 2 Sensor 1), and the other was a P0403: Exhaust Gas Recirculation Circuit Malfunction. Has anyone else had to deal with these two codes? what is the first thing i should check? is this why im getting bad gas millage? If you need anymore information just ask me, any help i could get with this would be awsome. I'm new to the platform so be nice, and yes i did do a search and couldnt find anything.

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
Yep. Those two codes will definitely give you bad fuel economy. Since "no activity" codes are rare when everything is connected, you should first check all of your wiring and harnesses to make sure everything is properly connected.

BTW -- If you have a GS, you have no bank 2, so make sure you have the right codes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I will check all the wiring today after work, i had a GS, i now have a GT, just cant update name to show that. Quick question, where would the wiring be for the O2 sensor? more specifically Bank 2 Sensor 1

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
Bank 2 Sensor 1 is right under the upper radiator hose. It's wiring harness is attached to a metal clip by that corner of the valve cover.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, i'm very intrested if this is just a loose wire, im gonna run outside right now and check it. If all it is is a wire thats loose im gonna be pissed i wasted 2 tanks of gas getting horriable milage till i checked my wiring.

:elvis:Thank you, thank you very much

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
**UPDATE** Alright i just check out those wires and the bracket that holds the two connections is Not connected to the valve cover. I was wondering if the connectors used that bracket as a ground? Cause that could use the no activity code, no ground, no activity. Let me know what you think, also if that is not an issue could the bracket not being connected allow the wires to melt, but i think that would cause a bigger problem that no activity in an O2 sensor. Thank you in advance

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
I don't think they are ON the valve cover -- just near it. I put that as a location reference.

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
BTW -- you need to calm it down with the bumps. People work. No offense, but this isn't the highest thing in my priority queue right now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmmm

So the metal bracket not connected to anything just hanging there is alright? it clearly lines up with the corner of the valve cover, or maybe something else but its on the corner and there is a hole for a bolt its just missing the bolt and hanging there. I will go take a pic on my cell update this post, the only reason i ask about the metal clip (aka the bracket) is because all the wires seem to be connected and thats the only thing out of place.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
**FIXED** So i went to a GM dealership on my lunch and got a bolt from them to attached the metal bracket back to the block and Vua-la started her up and the SES light went off. So im guessing that the metal clip was a ground for those connectors... if any one knows for sure then let me know.....
THANK YOU CITM2000 :wub:

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
I'm glad it's fixed. I'm a little surprised. I think it was just making bad contact. The ground is supposed to be behind the glove compartment.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm glad it's fixed. I'm a little surprised. I think it was just making bad contact. The ground is supposed to be behind the glove compartment.
well there goes my theory, yea might have put some stress on the connections just hanging there, out of position, but what ever it was when i put that metal bracket in place the SES light went out and didnt come back with an hour of driving around town. so im hoping its gone for good.... Thanks again sorry for the bumps i was just frustrated.:twothumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts