Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking around for some new wheels I had settled for some Tenzo DC-5's but decided that I didnt want the lips to have tenzo written into them and since the stock wheels look exactly like them I decided to take them to my local Paint Master Bucky.

Here's what it looked like before I took the wheels off.

Took them off and dropped them off in Gwinett with Bucky on monday who said he needed till wednesday with them. So in the mean time decided to paint my brakes

No sooner had I finished the brakes on tuesday did I get a call and picture of my wheels saying that they were done.

Picked them up late that night and got home and didn't feel like doing anything with them so I had the wait till after the HVAC guys left my house on wednesday night to go and get them rebalenced since the paint guy pulled the weights off on the lips so he could get the whole lip.

Left there with no time to go home to put them on because I had tickets to the thrasher's game. As soon as I got home though it was on though.

I am very happy with they way they came out. All in all I only spent $200 getting them painted.

Before

After

·
Registered
218 Posts
I like it. Looks good, imo. The next thing i would suggest is painting your fake vents black and putting some clear coat on 'em. I did it and it makes a world of difference.

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man thats exactly what i was thinking of doing I have tried everything to put the color back in them short of painting them but I guess im gonna have to any reccomendations on what paint to use?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would just say sand them a little and pick up a 7oz. can of universal black from wal-mart. and some clear coat of course. I think you'll be extremely pleased.

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you got any pics of how yours turned out cause i was also thinking of doing the plastic where the fogs are as well

·
Registered
218 Posts
Oh and i don't know so much about the the plastic where the fogs are. seems like it might be a little difficult. I got a grill off ebay powdercoated black and it looks good.

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not feelin the gloss man to be honest i'll go get some grills next week and try the gloss and the flat and see what looks better but i'm gonna guess the flat

·
Never say never!
10,837 Posts
Not too bad looking. Not sure how I feel about the red lip though. But I think if you dropped her it would look much better. Just my 2 cents though.:)

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
I don't like Time Attack paintjobs on non-Volk wheels, especially stockers. Paintwork looks good though.

·
Registered
518 Posts
your wheels look great imo anf for 200 dollars you can go wrong. all you need is a drop,depo projecters,and paint the vents black and your good to go

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
What is time attack about this? I almost thought I was going to have some competition in the Redline Time Attack series next year in the FWD class... ;)

·
Registered
518 Posts
i think there talking abou the rims with the red lip and hows its not common on the street so much as its common in time attack cars right?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts