Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
jDm tYt3, y0!
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just hit 50k miles the other day. I figured it was time to change my plugs. While I was researching, I hit this product.

Pulstar Pulse Plugs

They claim that it has 20,000x the power of a normal spark plug. It doesn't seem plausible to me, though, because where are they going to get that kind of power? 1,000,000 watts is WAY too much power than the alternator can handle. Anybody have any clue on these? Or are they just a scam?

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
I wouldnt worry about changing your plugs yet. If you are going to change them I would recommend NGK or Denso plugs.

·
jDm tYt3, y0!
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been trying to remedy my horrible gas mileage, so i'm going through a list of things to change which might help economy. Sparks are pretty important when it comes to mileage, so i'm looking at better-than-stock replacements. I think i'll go with the NGK iridiums.

·
Learning the Ropes
94 Posts
They all have their advantages and disadvantages, but it all comes down to longetivity. Platinum's and Iridium's last much longer than coppers, but there is no performance gain. Autolite Coppers, properly gapped, will produce the same results as Iridiums or Platinums.

What would I recommend? I say go with the coppers.

1. Because it really isn’t that hard to change them. Quit being lazy :)
2. It gives you a chance to see how the inside of your engine is running. Learn to read plug colors
3. Peace of mind.
4. Platinum’s and iridium’s really offer no performance advantages over properly gaped copper, except for long life.
5. Can't beat the price of coppers VS platinum/iridium

However there is nothing wrong with running platinum’s or iridium’s.

Taken from densos web site.
“Because gradual wear will “round-off” firing points over time, the concentrated firing power and voltage requirement benefits will be reduced. For this reason, DENSO advises replacement after 30,000 miles.”

Got to love the fine print. So replace your $100 plugs every 30,000 miles, or replace your $8 copper plugs every 30,000 miles.

My $.02

Chris.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
They all have their advantages and disadvantages, but it all comes down to longetivity. Platinum's and Iridium's last much longer than coppers, but there is no performance gain. Autolite Coppers, properly gapped, will produce the same results as Iridiums or Platinums.

What would I recommend? I say go with the coppers.

1. Because it really isn’t that hard to change them. Quit being lazy :)
2. It gives you a chance to see how the inside of your engine is running. Learn to read plug colors
3. Peace of mind.
4. Platinum’s and iridium’s really offer no performance advantages over properly gaped copper, except for long life.
5. Can't beat the price of coppers VS platinum/iridium

However there is nothing wrong with running platinum’s or iridium’s.

Taken from densos web site.
“Because gradual wear will “round-off” firing points over time, the concentrated firing power and voltage requirement benefits will be reduced. For this reason, DENSO advises replacement after 30,000 miles.”

Got to love the fine print. So replace your $100 plugs every 30,000 miles, or replace your $8 copper plugs every 30,000 miles.

My $.02

Chris.
:whore:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts