Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks,

After twelve years as a 3G owner, (2003 GT) the time has come to move on.

I'd like to get some opinions about pricing my car for sale. I'm thinking $2000 would be reasonable. Let me know your thoughts please.

2003 GT Gray 270K miles. Fairly clean, has some paint fading on the trunk lid, some rust starting to form where the trunk meets the bumper, and stone chips on the front bumper. (I'll post some photos tomorrow).

KYB AGX shocks/struts
EBC slotted/dimpled rotors with Yellow Stuff pads and 2000 model dual piston calipers.
Magnaflow exhaust from the manifolds back installed four years ago.
Ingalls stiffy torque damper
Timing belt maintenance done regularly (will be due again in about 20k miles)
New battery
New fuel filler neck
New wire harness driver side door
New hood release cable
polyurethane motor mounts
Rebuilt rear suspension 2 years ago with polyurethane bushings
ST Suspensions 7/8" Rear Anti-Sway Bar
All steering and suspension parts have been replaced by Moog parts as they wore out
New (Moog) inner tie rods
Jensen multimedia Bluetooth receiver (stock radio included as well)

When I sell, I'll also be including an extra set of rims (the stock ones) along with some other miscellaneous items.

The bad:
The car does throw the P0456 Code (small leak in EVAP system). Smoke test showed it coming from the vapor canister.
Occasional ses light for cylinder misfire.
Driver outside door handle loose, bolt stripped.
My mechanic mentioned signs of pitting on the camshafts.

Just to be clear, I'm not posting the car for sale here, I'm just looking for advice and options.

Thanks

·
Registered
783 Posts
Sounds like a fair asking price. I think inquiries will be slow because of the mileage, but someone will probably pay $1,800 for it. High-mileage cars are tough.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Buddd.
If anyone else has thoughts on this, your input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
783 Posts
You should see if someone relatively local would like to buy that rear sway bar. Since you probably don't have the stock one anymore, you could do a swap with cash on top. If you feel like doing the work that is. I think those ST sway bars were pretty nice, right? The exhaust too. Those seem like salvageable, high-quality add-ons that you won't recover the value of if you sell with the car.

It's too bad it has to go. Seems like you took really good care of it. Not a lot of people would go through the trouble of fixing the door harness and keeping up with all of the worn out stuff.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think I'm going to go through the trouble of parting things out. The ST sway bar can be had new for $200 so I can't imagine a used one would be worth the effort. When I replaced the exhaust a few years ago, the original one was so rusted that it crumbles apart in my hand! The Magnaflow exhaust I bought was actually cheaper than a new OEM exhaust.

It's been a really good reliable car and still is (just need a couple minor things fixed) but is showing its age. I needed something more practical as a daily driver so I recently bought an AWD 2012 Ford Fusion SEL. Much different car than the Eclipse, but sooo comfortable and the AWD is amazing!

Eventually my goal is to get a 2004 Corvette ZO6 for my "fun" car! I had hoped to make that happen this year but with everything going on with Corona Virus, that's probably going to end up being postponed like everything else is right now. :(

·
Registered
105 Posts
That is a nice looking 3G considering the mileage. I might even pay a little more than what youre asking if I wanted it bad enough. It is the same year and color as my GTS...Just in MUCH better shape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts