Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright you guys, I made a appearance on the forum sometime last year. Haven't really had the chance to interact w/ too many ppl on here but I frequently check in. So long story short my Man Ty is down for the count :mecry2: .. about 2weeks ago I ran up on a big a** boulder .. I know, I know plz don't criticize too much. I'm near sided as sh*t & it was extremely dark around where I was. Anyway, yeah so my insurance company has totaled him out. I'm mad as he!! about it cuz they mainly said his value compared to repair cost was due to mileage. I got 200,208 on dash right now because I first bought when I was commuting to school. This car is my heart & I feel like I let him down. I just did the clutch on him 2months ago, I replaced the timing belt earlier last year & was soon to do my sensors & just little cosmetic stuff. Now from what I thought I assumed the frame bent but was told it was just radiator support and I got a hole in my radiator. No damage to oil pan surprisingly besides a few scratches but would replace it anyway. If I let them total him out they're willing to give a lil over $2500. If I salvage I only get $2100+ soooo my question is salvage him or no? I've found another eclipse for about $2300 so possibly I could get that cuz I'm not willing to hop into anything else lol. Or is it selfish to buy that one & just hold onto Ty for sentimental reasons even tho he'll have a salvage title? We been thru it all. I'm so conflicted! Help!? :mecry2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True, very true. My brother was saying the same thing to me. smh, idk maybe it's just the female in me, I'm super attached! lol either way I'm getting another 3G no doubt about it. It seems everyone is agreeing I just take the cash & walk away.

·
Aple juic is my beer
8,831 Posts
All I know is if I were crash my car and it got totaled I would not try to fix it. I may buy it back and part it out, otherwise I would just take the money and run.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I considered that too. Talking it over with a couple ppl & coming to realization there really isn't a big gap between the money if I keep him or relinquish him. It's only like $400 difference so I think I'm leaning more towards doing that. When I finalize stuff w/ the insurance I'll keep u guys posted on what I decide to do. Thanks you guys!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I would just salvage it and keep it because now basically you gain 2100$ and either way you win rather you part it out or buy another car...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts