Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I was driving on the freeway and noticed the back end of my eclipse swaying to the left and right. Yesterday, I went to Belle Tire to buy new tires, and a tire rod for the front left of my 3G. After everything and the alignment, I received a print-out that states I have +.75 degrees toe on my rear left side wheel. They told me that they can't adjust the toe, and something maybe bent, but they have no idea what because it is so "minor". They suggested I take it to a body shop.

I later searched this forum and other websites to found out I may be able to adjust the toe by turning the bolt on the control arm. I was wondering if anyone knew the exact specifications on how many millimeters changes the degree. Because I have toe-in .75 degrees, I am going to have to turn the bolt clockwise...but does anyone know how far to go? Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Toe is adjustable in the rear. I don't recall the specs off hand, but they should be on the printout...is that out of spec? Also, what's the other side look like? Did you pay for a 2-wheel or 4-wheel alignment? If you paid for a 4-wheel alignment and that is out of spec, I'd go back there and either demand they realign it or give some of your money back. I would think the FSM would have the alignments specs in it...if so, you could print that out and show them...

EDIT: The specs for rear toe are 0" to 1/8" on either side, or 1/4" between the two sides, so it's definitely out of specs...

http://www.club3g.com/forum/wheels-tires-brakes-suspension/81628-alignment-eclipse-specs.html

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already knew the specifications on what the toe is supposed to be, but I was searching for the millimeter/degree ratio. The other side is +.14, which is reasonable. I did pay for a 4 wheel alignment, but they said they cannot adjust toe.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Have you looked in the FSM to see if the millimeter/degree ratio is in there? At the very least, the alignment procedures should be, and you should be able to print them out and go back and have them fix it or give you your money back...you paid for a 4-wheel alignment...it's not your fault their technician didn't know how to make the right adjustments on your car...

Reactions: smackalan
1 - 4 of 4 Posts