Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I been lurking here

I bought this thing in awesome shape, low miles and had big plans for it. Things happened though and got my Honda back and decided to work on that and finished it. Since the Honda was sitting around 400 horsepower I decided to just keep the eclipse as my daily. But this happend

Right now I am using the Honda as my daily, since it has a larger turbo its gets really good gas mileage so its not that bad.

Anyway I got a Chrysler sebring lxi 5sp. Not the easiest thing finding the Chrysler variant on a 5sp. It also has the same paint fading issue the eclipse have. Since I had plans for the eclipse I figure I get this and still have the plans go through. Picking up a 6g75 something this month from a yard that has one in stock. Little bit on the high side with miles but thinking of changing bearings and pistons. It will definitely be forced induction, just haven't decided from super or turbo just yet.

Its going to be my new daily so whatever is more reliable.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
was doing the speed limit, but in the current conditions it could have definitely been too fast. Accidents happen, luckily I didn't get hurt or hit anybody else.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A hit like that is good enough to kill someone in these cars.
Well, I saw the tree coming, when I realized there was nothing I could do, I threw myself back in the seat and let go of the wheel. The only thing that hit me was the airbag in the seat. None of the damage got to my body so I was lucky.

·
Aple juic is my beer
8,831 Posts
Ah.... no big deal. Just rock that MPV I see in the background there.

I thought a tree would have caused more damage to the paint that it shows in that photo. I have seen cars at the junk yards that were wrapped around polls that didn't have a scratch in the paint, but when they hit a tree........ it was much worse.

BTW, can totally see you threw the seat back down. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts