1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Skee Ball Champion
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....For this

2005 Buick Rendezbous
23500 miles

Needed something a little bigger than a coupe for a family car and the eclipse was on its last leg. Overall, I'm happy with the trade, its a lot more comfortable and practical ride.

·
Skee Ball Champion
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont car much for the looks either. But the price was great, low miles, and a really smooth ride. Plus, it's mainly for the wif.

·
BCS = t3h suck
1,393 Posts
They are somewhat problem prone so hopefully you bought a warranty or can fix it yourself.

·
Skee Ball Champion
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bought it from a toyota dealership and they offered me a 100k warranty so of course i took that.

·
54,424 Posts
let me tell you now what to look for in regards to the intake manifold leaks. it leaks coolant outwards (and eventually inwards to the oil and combustion) at the ends of the lower intake manifold near the corners. if you see any wetness there and its coolant go and have it fixed immediately before the aluminum gets a chance to pit.

·
Skee Ball Champion
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, so i noticed that the front windshield isnt the crystal clear glass I am used to. I looks as if there is a layer of extremely light tint on it, but I dont think it is tint because it doesnt provide any light blockage. Any one have any idea what this may be?

·
54,424 Posts
try cleaning the outside of the glass with some brake cleaner on a rag. is it a light haze? if so then vinegar on the inside followed by normal glass cleaner should do the trick.

·
Skee Ball Champion
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not sure if it is a haze or if it is part of the window. I'm going to get our there this weekend and scrub the hell out of it to see if it helps. Thanks for the suggestions Bitter.

·
Code Monkey
4,067 Posts
let me tell you now what to look for in regards to the intake manifold leaks. it leaks coolant outwards (and eventually inwards to the oil and combustion) at the ends of the lower intake manifold near the corners. if you see any wetness there and its coolant go and have it fixed immediately before the aluminum gets a chance to pit.
I had a 2000 Grand AM GT 3.4 and had no intake manifold gasket leaks. I believe I was in the minority. I thought the totally changed the gaskets when they put the 3.4 on the minivans and small SUVs. :dunno:

·
54,424 Posts
they did change things up, but i've seen the tiny beginings of leaks on some of the newer ones. i suspect they'll leak as well but probably not for a longer time and at a higher miles.

·
BCS = t3h suck
1,393 Posts
GM added new seal bolts and updated the kit to help with the leaks but it is not all that uncommon to have one come back with higher mileage.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
I'm not sure if it is a haze or if it is part of the window. I'm going to get our there this weekend and scrub the hell out of it to see if it helps. Thanks for the suggestions Bitter.
I believe on those there is a metallic tint layer on the windshield, and that is what you are seeing. My old man has an Aztec, and he can't use the EZPass toll tag on the inside of the car, he has to mount it outside the car, because the RFID tag won't work due to the tint on the windshield.

IMHO the Rendezvous doesn't look that bad, looks like your average family crossover. The Aztec though... ugh

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
I had a 2000 Grand AM GT 3.4 and had no intake manifold gasket leaks. I believe I was in the minority. I thought the totally changed the gaskets when they put the 3.4 on the minivans and small SUVs. :dunno:
Having a 60 degree V6 doesn't guarantee you a leak, but it is a known problem area. The 3.4 in the aforementioned Aztec doesn't leak, my mother's recently traded in Century 3.1 never leaked in 5 years and 85,000 miles. Don't know if the older 2.8s/3.1s were suspect, my old V6 Firebird never leaked in 15 years and 130k miles, nor did my mom's old 3.1 Corsica.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts