Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Pretty Pretty Panda
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here own a V6 SE to tell me how they like them?

I am trading in my 5.7L V8 ram 1500 rumble bee for a 2nd eclipse. I currently still own a 3rd gen, but im getting a 08 for a daily driver.

Anyone having problems with weather with them?

thx

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
eh - not so sure I would've given up the truck. It's always nice to have a truck or SUV as an alternative, especially in PA.

·
Pretty Pretty Panda
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my truck is rear wheel drive. it doesnt handle the snow AT ALL here. we got 4 inches today, and i almost took out a guard rail, i have winter tires and 500 lbs of sand in the bed.

·
Registered
556 Posts
You will enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What color do you want? I have the V6 and it is a great engine. Hang on to the steering wheel and punch it! I do mean HANG ON!

·
Pretty Pretty Panda
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i went to get my truck appraised today, its trading evenly, they gave me 17,500 on my trade.

I am getting the copper color with black leather interior

2008 Eclipse SE

i got the 4 banger, not the v6 for insurance reasons. the insurance on the v6 se was as much as my 415 hp truck. thats alittle too much for a car thats gona b e my daily driver.

i have a 2000 gs right now and as of saturday ill have the 2008 eclipse se as well.

i test drove both the 4 banger and the v6 today though, they both have alot of pick up. for the fact that its snowing here and it still went very well surprisingly..

:)

but i cant wait.

·
Pretty Pretty Panda
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ha ur nuts

my insurance is 2,440.74 every SIX months on the 4cylinder. let on it being a v6 lol. u are insane. the v6 was 2900 every 6 months.

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
ha ur nuts

my insurance is 2,440.74 every SIX months on the 4cylinder. let on it being a v6 lol. u are insane. the v6 was 2900 every 6 months.
wow, you must have like 6 DUI's or something for your insurance to be that high, lol.

I guess location has a pretty big effect on the price also. My insurance dropped by half when I moved out of Cali, and again when I left Texas.

·
Pretty Pretty Panda
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no. im 20, i had a car accident last march, it put 3800 in damages, and i had a speeding ticket doing 87 in a 45 in dec 06 so i had a 15 day suspension to that one. i did get all the points removed from the ticket but i did get a suspension for going 42 miles over the speed limit. i was 19 at the time when that happened. so it sucked. i did fight the ticket, i only had to pay $130 and they took off wreckless driving and street racing, even though i wasnt racing anyone, i was just flying down the bipass not even 10 miles from my house. but they did remove all the points and stuff so it was only a $130 charge and a suspension.

·
Pretty Pretty Panda
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my accident ruined my insurance. when i just had my 00 eclipse, i was only paying like 163 a month for full, it went from 163 to 472 after my accident. my parents actually dropped there old insurance company bc of that,. and im still paying 212 now on that car and its 8 years old now. bastards . lol too cheap to total my car but i surely had to freakin pay all that money back

·
Pretty Pretty Panda
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
insurance is one of the reasons why im getting rid of my truck. its REAR wheel drive, it doesnt do snow, i have 500 lbs of sand in it and winter tires which costed me close to 1200 bc my truck has 20 inch tires. i still slide when it rains too hard and when theres snow laying on the ground. Im not taking the risk of wrecking my truck. it only has 10,900 miles on it and its a 2005 and im the 2nd owner. so mitsu. gave me a 17,500 trade in on it even though it blue books at 14,000 because of being a 4x2 and not a 4x4

it was just one of th ose things. plus gas is crazy high right now. and I commute to school and to work 5 days a week so i put close to 700 in gas in my truck a month.

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
Yea, screw that. I pay 95/month for full coverage on my 03 strat, another 10/month to add liability for my TransAm, and another 10/month now that I added my 98 malibu beater car I got last weekend. It would have only been another 20, instead of 10 had I gotten full coverage on that.

Its all about location/driving record/vehicle.

I used to pay $375/mo for full coverage on just one car. When I had one accident on my record at the age of 17, lol. It has since then dropped off, and gotten signifigantly cheaper. It for some reason gets cheaper when you're 21, go figure. And again when you're 25.

·
Pretty Pretty Panda
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya ill be 21 in june. ill be 25 when my cars paid off haha lol. funny thing is i only pay 245 a year for my insurance on my bike, and it has way more power then my truck and my damn car.. but ya, it sucks paying so much. I even have $1000 deductibles lol to keep my insurance lower

·
Premium Member
31,369 Posts
Congrats on the new car. :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts