Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i'm sure it is on here some were but i couldnt find it i have a 2003 eclipse gs 5 speed i have only had it to weeks, and the head gasket has already gone out, so it had a new head gasket, head, and thermostat cuz i could get no heat, and now the tranny is knocking coming out of 1st, and goes fine into 2nd but then grinds going in 3rd and sometimes 4th, does anybody know if it is going out because if so i'm ready to take this car back and shove it up the dealers ass

·
Sehnsucht
8,398 Posts
yeah, what did you expect for a 5 year old car. did you test drive it before you bought it? you do not just get a grind that appears in two weeks. same with the other problems

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes we test drove the car and it drove fine, but 3 days later the check engine light came on with an extreemly rough idel with no power so we towed it to the dealer ship because it was still on there problem so the replaced the head and the head gasket and the day i got it back the thermostat still wasnt working so they ended up fixing that. the next day it just randomly mad a loud thump coming out of first and went fine into 2nd but just no matter what didnt want to go into 3rd or 4th, but would go fine into 5th, the car has 47,000 miles on it, case if that helps any, but it was doing it again yesterday with the tranny but it did let me sift into 4th but come to find out i called vern edie mitsubishi the franchise dealer around here asking what i can do for trade in and they told me they cant take it because the vehical has a bent frame due to an accident, witch was not disclosed when purchasing the car and we dont have the title yet for some reason so we cant look at that, by any chance could an accident cause all of this? then for some reason when i looked at the car i didnt pay much attention to the frunt bumper it is a little off witht he hood on the left side it is about a 1mm apart and the other side i can almost fit my finger in it, i know my falt for not paying attention idk what i was thinking, and yesturday while detailng the car there are wholes in each wheel well that apear to be torn out of there. do you think any of this could be tied together?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts