Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
no pistons
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a few of the guys at the strip had a good idea so does anyone know of some transmission that would bolt up? i don't think there is one that will work without a custom bell housing but any ideas would be great. before anyone says anything i know that it wouldn't fit with the front subframe that gets in the way but i've seen crazier things done. just looking for a few tips if anyone has some

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
i really cant help here but sense you seem to know what your talking about I'll ask a question. I just had to get a new torque converter and the mechanic had to replace another part that he didnt tell me the name to and I was wondering what it was. It was a circular metal thing that he said brought fluid through evenly or somethin like that and he didnt know how the hell it had a chunk of metal lodged in between it. Sorry I'm just a little off topic.:dunno:

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Sigh...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hey dick head I really do plan on doing the AWD conversion. It will be a couple years though. Your probably going to say go waste your money but truthfully I dont care I like the eclipses and I'm not going to go buy an AWD car that is easier to mod than an eclipse. I'm keeping my eclipse and am going to dump a lot of money into it. So smd.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
a few of the guys at the strip had a good idea so does anyone know of some transmission that would bolt up? i don't think there is one that will work without a custom bell housing but any ideas would be great. before anyone says anything i know that it wouldn't fit with the front subframe that gets in the way but i've seen crazier things done. just looking for a few tips if anyone has some

its called awd swap, save up 2 years salary and call pharm
If you're talking about V6 AWD the blueprint has already been laid out by PharmEcis and myself in my Members Rides build thread and in the GT/GTS AWD conversion thread. All the tips you need are there. My car should be the first V6 AWD on record and if you want it done to your car after it's proven to work on mine Pharm and I will sell you an AWD kit.

I plan on doing this eventually haha. But for real about how much would it be.
Really, you think so? Pharm and I are waiting for your business. It'll cost you in the thousands, for real.

:uh: You ain't lying my man.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
It'll cost you in the TENS of thousands, for real.
People need to be aware it's a 5 digit swap. Period.

It's enough money you could go buy an EVO. Only ballahs like Charles start an AWD project on the V6 and THEN go buy an EVO too... :lol:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Hey dick head I really do plan on doing the AWD conversion. It will be a couple years though. Your probably going to say go waste your money but truthfully I dont care I like the eclipses and I'm not going to go buy an AWD car that is easier to mod than an eclipse. I'm keeping my eclipse and am going to dump a lot of money into it. So smd.
Tough guy. Bet you won't do shit with your car. And why would I say "go waste your money"? I've wasted a lot of money on my eclipse. Probably more than you will ever spend on yours.

If you are serious, you would have done the research on the conversion and what it entails. If you were serious, you wouldn't have to ask how much it costs. It's best to just shut your mouth and start reading. I've been in your position before. You have some learning to do.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
People need to be aware it's a 5 digit swap. Period.

It's enough money you could go buy an EVO. Only ballahs like Charles start an AWD project on the V6 and THEN go buy an EVO too... :lol:
:lolspit: Stop it!

In all seriousness though you're right $10,000 minimum. That labor is more than the parts which is usually the case with any car work but I don't believe the newbs have the slightest clue the amount of labor involved for this conversion.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts

·
no pistons
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol money won't be too much of a problem because for what i'm talking minimum for this would be 20000+ if we did this it might as well not be an eclipse and it sure as hell wouldn't be street legal. my friends were talking about a custom tubular frame like what is in his drag car but a little smaller so basicly it would be a completely different car with an eclipse body. what's sad is i dont think it can be done because there would just not be enough room to straight mount the engine in the little ass engine bay without extending the fenders or having the pedals sitting on the side of the engine.

mistsubishi own. it could be the transmission oil pump because those are mounted to the torqe converter housing or directly to the engine crankshaft

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
If you're talking about V6 AWD the blueprint has already been laid out by PharmEcis and myself in my Members Rides build thread and in the GT/GTS AWD conversion thread. All the tips you need are there. My car should be the first V6 AWD on record and if you want it done to your car after it's proven to work on mine Pharm and I will sell you an AWD kit.

Really, you think so? Pharm and I are waiting for your business. It'll cost you in the thousands, for real.

:uh: You ain't lying my man.
I did the math from what Pharm posted and it will cost around 17 grand.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
I did the math from what Pharm posted and it will cost around 17 grand.
The parts required are in my build thread and I posted what I paid for them but those prices I paid will vary for everyone else. What I didn't post was how much I paid to get the custom bellhousing made. If Pharm wants to continue using my source then you'll have to pay that but if Pharm starts making the bellhousings himself then that'll add to his labor charge and his labor rate is $90 per hour. How'd you come up with $17,000?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts