Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I wish to keep my eclipse pushing for a little longer considering my GTS is at 183,8k with no problems with my motor or tranny yet. However I’m sure my 5 speed tranny is waiting for a tranny fluid flush/change however I am worried it will inflict harm to my transmission if I change the gear oil. I will use the correct Gil-4 fluid I just wanted to know if its too late to replace my tranny fluid. I looked under my car and saw a little bit of liquid by the transmission fill plug.
My car is a 5 speed manual
183.8k miles.

· Registered
2001 Spyder GT
558 Posts
Welcome! You can and should change your fluid. There's some risk with an automatic transmission of stirring up sediment and getting it everywhere from a fluid change. But that doesn't apply to manual transmissions.

· Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
680 Posts
I did mine for the second time this summer. The first time was at 60,000 miles. The second time it was up to 143,000. I have found they shift a little smoother with fresh oil in them. Real PAIN to fill though:censored:. ...J.D.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha yeah it’s a little frustrating especially with the v6 however the results were worth it, shifts smoother than ever before and I have a lot less worry on my transmission

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So if anyone sees this, after i did the change i noticed some noticeable leaking going on at both the plugs, fill and drain, was i supposed to replace washers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts