Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am currently working on building a 2001 rs 2.4 5 speed. It has about 194,000 miles on it. I paid 900.00 for it and the kid I bought it from told me it needed a clutch. I tore it apart and the clutch disc and the center part of the clutch were completely ripped into two pieces. There was nothing wrong with the flywheel. I ordered a clutch kit for it and put it all back together today. The car started right up and drove in reverse with no issues. I shifted into 1st and it started to move then the driver side wheel hopped a little. We pulled the car back to the garage and bled the slave cylinder. Again, the car moved fine in reverse, hopped when I first went into first, then drove around the yard twice. I stopped, then tried taking off again and the car wont move in any gear. It dont die out when I put it in any gear and try taking off. I can put the car in first and push it backwards. any ideas? Ive tried searching online but I cant really find anyone with the exact issue. Does it sound like the tranny needs replaced?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Welcome
Before you spend a chunk for a new tranny, check cv axles and splines of front wheel hubs. By what you described sounds like too many clutch dumps have wreaked havoc on the drive line. As a general rule, diagnose from cheapest first. Oh yeah look at spider gears in diff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts