Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Looks great man. Real clean. Looks much better with those new wheels. Your future mods look good too.

·
Never say never!
10,837 Posts
The paint on your front bumper and hood don't match.

>.<
He probably had it repainted. Other than that it looks pretty good. I would suggest getting rid of the stock orange turns and tails. And since your front doesn't match. You might as well do a 03 conversion. Just my 2 cents though.:)

·
I now has Mitsu AWD.
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.

As far as the bumper goes, I don't know what the previous owner did or if they did anything, as the Carfax report said there wasn't anything wrong with it, no accidents or anything. 2002 is the first year for that color, so maybe they had problems getting the bumper and sheet metal to match, whereas in 03 they got it down. I'm not too worried about it, I'll end up getting the Street Shine kit later down the road anyways, and when that happens I'll get the car repainted, same color.

I am getting those fugly orange turns replaced with smoked ones, and getting black TYC tails. I'm still debating on what style and color projectors to go with. With the chrome lights it looks unique, not too many ti pearl 3G's have chrome lights so I don't want to end up like the rest of them with black... but I dunno... we'll see I guess. Any opinions of this is appreciated as well.

The Motegi wheels are nice, I believe they weigh about 23 or 24 lbs, which is a couple more than the stockers. I'm not going to make this car fast, I just want it to look good (if I want a fast car I'll go out and get an EVO). I'm thinking about keeping these wheels but getting 18's instead later down the road as well.

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
looks good, how heavy are those wheels becuase they look great.
:confused:Those are Motegi MR-7 wheels, and they have been around atleast 10 years. I know they arent light if thats what your asking.

Not a fan of the color matching wheels, but to each there own.

·
156 Posts
i noticed the mismatched bumper paint in the pictures too. I have a 2002 also, same color. 4cyl tho. My bumper is the EXACT same thing, mispainted. however the person i bought it from got in a fender bender with it. bumper was cracked and i believe they replaced it, so i figured thats why the colors were off. But now that i've read what you said, i'm guessing you're right as far as mitsu messin up the paint for the first year, now that i see yours has the prolem too. Nice looking car, i like the wheels. As for the chrome/black lights, it's really up to you, i've seen both and they look nice. Beissen on here has chrome, arachno and jaggedeclipse have the black. so if u havent, check those member rides out. good luck with the future mods!

·
e-thug hating.
1,070 Posts
Not a fan of the color matching wheels, but to each there own.
:agreed:

how about paint them dark bronze? same color as one of those MR evos.? just my .2
for some reason, i like the 01 bumpers -in contrast to what i've noticed in the forum, a lot like the 03..

lovely car BTW!:)

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
Clean 3G.

·
I now has Mitsu AWD.
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE!!!

I recently got some stuff done and installed.

First, I got my new Alpine audio setup done. It all consists of front Alpine Type R components (tweeters, speakers, and crossovers), Alpine Type S 6x9s, and an Alpine F-450 4-channel amplifier to run all that. Sounds absolutely amazing! My next step is to get an Alpine head unit with a three-output so I can add another amp for my sub(s). Thanks to Sport Compact Customs for hooking me up with the install!

Secondly, I got new front turns. Helix tinted clear corners. Now that I've gotten rid of the fugly orange, everything flows much better. Pics to come!

Lastly, I got my new Speedhut gauges. They are the same ones off ebay, except mine have been modified for an automatic transmission template and removed the "eclipse racing" words. Got new #74 blue LEDs to put in my clock and temp controls.

Will post pics when they are installed! Can't wait! :twothumb:

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
I'm loving the gauges. Get some pictures up as soon as you can.

·
I now has Mitsu AWD.
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So yesterday... I took upon the challenge (after screwing up the first time I tried) of installing these gauges myself. It was a pain in the ass in the cold, and at times it was raining (my father had stuff in the garage so I could only get the car in so far, about to the windshield), but I got it done. Note: this is my first install like this, that is successful.

In the above posts you can see what they look like by themselves.

Below are pics installed in my car.

I ran into some issues about where to run the wires, so I decided to rig this up. I sanded part of the black bezel on both sides to allow the wires to come out:

This is the finished product, daytime.

And the gem of it all... Night shots. They are very blue in person, the camera makes it brighter than it seems.

I am super happy with the install. They look absolutely beautiful and wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. LED's soon to come! Will take pics when those are installed as well. :2thumb:

·
SPYDEY MF!
5,223 Posts
looks awesome bro!! I like the gauges alot. The gun metal wheels looks very nice, very clean start. Gotta love titanium pearl!! Go check out my spyder when you get a chance!!

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
You left your plate in a few of the first pics =)

lovin' the new gadges. Going to find me a set ^^

·
I now has Mitsu AWD.
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^yea I'll get those changed when I get the chance, thanks bro!

·
I now has Mitsu AWD.
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^haha, gee I wonder whom I got those from...

They do look great I'm happy with them, and the pads are great, plenty of grip. The only issue is that one rear rotor that is the opposite direction, but it doesn't have any performance issues so I don't really care. Thanks again bro!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts