Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
HonduhEater
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, I'm new here and also a new owner of a 2000 eclipse rs. I've been searching all over the internet and through these forums as well and haven't been able to find an answer to my problem. when i pull my trunk release lever next to my seat, nothing happens. the hatch wont pop and i don't feel the usual "pop" that you would on any car while pulling the lever. i'm just wondering what could have happened and what i should look for to fix this issue. :scratch: thanks for any help anyone can lend me!

·
HonduhEater
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
found out that the cable line that runs from the lever to the hatch release is broken. thanks for the quick responses to my issue. had my friend (who has gone through 4 eclipses) check it out with me. it sucks its the cable, but at least i know what it is now :happysad:

·
UMADBREH?
3,460 Posts
just out of curiosity why? added security? that would be my guess making it harder to steal out of the trunk.
Exactly. Harder to steal a dual 12" sub box through the cockpit than it is to just lift it out of the hatch.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You have dual subs? :ndance:

On a side note, that hatch spring is still a very worthy upgrade.
I hope dual meaning two not the brand had a pair once i think that is all needed to be said but not a bad idea becasue i just installed a JL audio 12" with a temp amp till my rockford 5 channel and rockford speakers get here then ill def need some more security. Any one know where to get the trunk cover for cheap?

·
UMADBREH?
3,460 Posts
I hope dual meaning two not the brand had a pair once i think that is all needed to be said but not a bad idea becasue i just installed a JL audio 12" with a temp amp till my rockford 5 channel and rockford speakers get here then ill def need some more security. Any one know where to get the trunk cover for cheap?
You have dual subs? :ndance:

On a side note, that hatch spring is still a very worthy upgrade.
No, not Dual lol. A pair in the same box.

Justin, USED to have two 12'' Kickers CVR's, a few amps, power cap, equalizer head, pretty nice setup. That was until two assholes at the park decided they needed it more than I did. They popped my window off the track, opened the door from inside, popped the hood, disconnected the battery, and popped the hatch lever and got in the car. Timed it out, took me about 14 seconds to do it. Figured they stole everything in under 2 minutes and were on their way.

My current setup is more....complicated to steal ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
No, not Dual lol. A pair in the same box.

Justin, USED to have two 12'' Kickers CVR's, a few amps, power cap, equalizer head, pretty nice setup. That was until two assholes at the park decided they needed it more than I did. They popped my window off the track, opened the door from inside, popped the hood, disconnected the battery, and popped the hatch lever and got in the car. Timed it out, took me about 14 seconds to do it. Figured they stole everything in under 2 minutes and were on their way.

My current setup is more....complicated to steal ;)

Thanks for clearing up the box question.

Not to thread jack but what kind of other security do u have i hate the mitsu stock fake alarm crap where it just locks the doors but if you open them the alarm dosnt go off.

·
UMADBREH?
3,460 Posts
Thanks for clearing up the box question.

Not to thread jack but what kind of other security do u have i hate the mitsu stock fake alarm crap where it just locks the doors but if you open them the alarm dosnt go off.
If your doors are locked and you open them from the inside or they open for any reason, your alarm should be going off.

Since the theft, I've had a 30-point Python alarm installed. $800+$80 Best Buy installation, and I haven't had any problems with it. I can't remember the model number, but it's a good alarm.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If your doors are locked and you open them from the inside or they open for any reason, your alarm should be going off.

Since the theft, I've had a 30-point Python alarm installed. $800+$80 Best Buy installation, and I haven't had any problems with it. I can't remember the model number, but it's a good alarm.
As one would think but it doesn't i cant recall my panic button ever working either lol

·
t3h Raven
1,704 Posts
Same here ^

What I do is, I keep a flat screw driver in between the release lever to keep it up or hold it while some else opens the trunk for me. For some odd reason I cannot open the trunk anymore with my keys :dunno:

·
Suspended Seller
922 Posts
It has never happened since I got rear ended... The dealership fixed it then it would do it everytime so I took it back and they fixed it, now it only does it prob once a month or so.
when it happens, I pull the lever, go to the back pull up on the trunk, come back pull lever again and it opens fine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts