Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Zed oh six
6,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
295whp and 319ft/lbs at 8psi

At first, we had my car on the dyno for 2 hours with zero success. Every change we made through the Emanage resulted in nothing. Eventually we just gave up, thinking the injectors we maxxed out. Russ got on the phone with Donny and he told us to check and see if the injetor harness for the Emanage was properly grounded. Daves20001EclipseGT was with us and he graciously got under my dash to check it in the 100 degree weather (check the temp on the dyno sheet), and it turned out it wasn't grounded right. A 5 minute fix and we tried it again off the dyno. Russ added a bunch of fuel to test, and sure enough, it worked.

The car feels incredibly solid now, and holds boost very well all the way to redline. I am pretty happy with the numbers.

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Congrats man. Glad to see you got the numbers you were looking for. I wish I could go to the N.A.F.I meet.

·
Got Boost? Me either
5,789 Posts
real nice numbers. congrats

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
:bigthumb:

So yeah, it seems that 300whp is status quo for 8psi on the 5 speeds. I lost whp/wtq by stepping up on the .63 housing, now out of morbid curiousity I would like to put the .48 back on and getting dyno'd to see what the difference is. Not that I really expect the Sporty to dyno too high anyways.

With the .48 with a loss of fuel I pulled 275.78WHP and 278.15WTQ now I went down to 269.1WHP and 267.9WTQ with the .63.

While the .63 has more horsepower potential, I'm going to assume that 8psi is still considered low boost and the .48 is still beneficial up to that point.

.48 & bad fuel (without the e-manage)

.63 (with the e-manage)

·
Registered
648 Posts
I think it has to do with how lean you were running versus the housing.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Good job guys ! Glad you got them tuned before the meet. Now lets make some pulls at the meet and run a few passes down the track !!

Remember $100 goes to the FWD car with the lowest street legal ET of the night !!!

·
Got Boost? Me either
5,789 Posts
Neffarious said:
I think it has to do with how lean you were running versus the housing.
i would agree. looks like you actually gained 10whp with the .63 when running ~12:1.

·
Registered
648 Posts
npeifer said:
Good job guys ! Glad you got them tuned before the meet. Now lets make some pulls at the meet and run a few passes down the track !!

Remember $100 goes to the FWD car with the lowest street legal ET of the night !!!
:lol: neal u must be high. mike and russ steet legal ? :lmfao:

·
Registered
970 Posts
Neffarious said:
:lol: neal u must be high. mike and russ steet legal ? :lmfao:

Well what we mean is driven to the track and appear to be street legal I think (no trailored cars) ? I have no emission test where I live either and it's a damn good thing. :lmfao:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Ahhh gotcha ;) i dunno i think u guys are nuts for racing so far from home....

·
Got Boost? Me either
5,789 Posts
Neffarious said:
Ahhh gotcha ;) i dunno i think u guys are nuts for racing so far from home....
but the SDS guys have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Seriously you all have something to worry about. Bent axle, fried clutch, exploded MAS who knows but the list goes on and on and a tow home a few states away is gonna cost a lot.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts