Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mile Hi Eclipse
424 Posts
What are you using to tune....SAFC? You might wanna try these guys -> Street Concepts http://sc-power.com/. Any time I have work done to the car I take it to them. I plan on having them install the turbo kit. And if they can't do it, then they probably know someone who can.

Note: they just got a new shop and it looks bigger than their last one.

·
MINI by proxy
4,408 Posts
I was going to recommend S.C. as well. I'm glad you spoke up on their behalf, Steve!

I've had no personal experience with them aside from visiting their new location recently upon their "Grand Opening". I hung around for a while, chatted with the guys, and got a good feel for their knowledge of Mitsus.... which is pretty extensive.

Other locals have brought their 3g's to them, and had good things to say. Give them a shot, for sure! :yesway:

·
Registered
193 Posts
SteveO

Steve I would be careful with who you choose to do your kit... I have a badass guy in Parker that is fluent with turbo'd cars he runs with mac autosport. Let me know what you decide, if there is any doubt in their mind dont let em do it =)

·
MINI by proxy
4,408 Posts
This is Racing Trendz they're dicussing, BTW.
Not sure if they have a website, but I found their info:
Racing Trendz
6190 E Evans Ave.
Denver, CO 80222
303-756-8884
Source

·
Mile Hi Eclipse
424 Posts
Trendz is ok. I took my car there when I got the exhaust, intake and springs installed a long time ago(installed on seperate occasions). Quality of work is ok, time spent on installs is longer than expected, and cost of install is kinda high.

JR - holy shit you are on the boards again. Now I know why it's snowing again... I need to talk to Tommy over at SC about the install - time, cost, etc... I'm looking at maybeeee next month for the install if I can get on the ball and buy the other items necessary for the install. If you can, get quotes for me. I'd appreciate it!! On a side note, when we going out for beers?? :beer:

·
Mile High Boost
96 Posts
You don't need a re-tune for those add ons.

I second that Trenz isn't the best place to go for installs. They're too expensive. Street Concepts is a better choice overall.

RANDO STUFF: However, Trenz does tune eManage units for ~$180 and hour. A typical quote is something like two hours. Steve, when you go to tune your eManage, see if you can't find another user on the threads that will give you their baseline tune. Also, my buddy had a 10 secons Geo Storm (yes, a Geo Storm) and can tune your stuff for a price. He's a soon to be graduated mechanical engineer so a case of beer or so ought to work. :) Check out his site. www.excessvelocity.com Long story short, he made the car as obnoxious as he could to piss people off. It's scary fast though. Vince's red Integra ain't too shabby either. You can see it pull away from a Ferrari (yes, I realize they're "slow" but they're still wicked fast overall). I believe both cars' eManage units were tuned by Brandon (Storm owner).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You don't need a re-tune for those add ons.
Really??? Figured I would get the most HP I got it tuned :confused:

Thanks for all the help :bigthumb: I've been checking the links you guys have posted up, but none of them really seem to specialize in the 3G; mostly Evo's :confused: I guess I'll need to call them and see what they can do. Still waiting on my headers anyways...

·
Registered
101 Posts
racing trenz is a f***ing joke!!! i have a good story about them, they dont know fucking shit about shit....BTW try Import Sports on Quebec and Iliff there amazing!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all, new member here, but I've used this site for reference for years. I'm here in Denver and looked into Street Concepts and was not able to locate them. I googled them since there is some other shop in their listed address and found another phone number for them, but that was dead too. I was wondering if anyone knows if they're still operating, or if any of you Denver people could point me to another shop. I'll look into the other shops recommended in the mean time. (9seconds, Trendz and Import Sports.)

Thanks again, and thanks for all the knowledge I've used for these passed few years!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey all, new member here, but I've used this site for reference for years. I'm here in Denver and looked into Street Concepts and was not able to locate them. I googled them since there is some other shop in their listed address and found another phone number for them, but that was dead too. I was wondering if anyone knows if they're still operating, or if any of you Denver people could point me to another shop. I'll look into the other shops recommended in the mean time. (9seconds, Trendz and Import Sports.)

Thanks again, and thanks for all the knowledge I've used for these passed few years!
Hi there,
i had my Apexi S-AFC installed and tuned by the guys over at MAC Autosport. They are really great and can get your gear installed/tuned at a reasonable rate. i take my eclipse there for anything needed. They have a dyno there too . I have video of mine located in my members ride section. They are located in parker. You will definitely need to tune if you add headers. the CAI and exhaust are easy and you can do it yourself with a few hours time. I have all those mods and can advise what to expect if needed.

·
BHM - Owner
537 Posts
Hi there,
i had my Apexi S-AFC installed and tuned by the guys over at MAC Autosport. They are really great and can get your gear installed/tuned at a reasonable rate. i take my eclipse there for anything needed. They have a dyno there too . I have video of mine located in my members ride section. They are located in parker. You will definitely need to tune if you add headers. the CAI and exhaust are easy and you can do it yourself with a few hours time. I have all those mods and can advise what to expect if needed.
If you want to get that car properly tuned I can set you up with an EcuFlash tune to ditch that Apexi piggyback stuff. I also have a dyno facility to work with for tuning at far less expense to anybody here who wants to contact me for tuning service with no BS.

I have seen a lot of the "tune files" from a number of these big name shops out here, E85 tunes making less power than a pump gas tune, maps not smoothed out, maps only "spot tuned" and not thorough.

·
Registered
174 Posts
racing trenz hooked my up, but ive never tried other shops...there way better than anybody in the springs thats for sure......!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts