Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Selling turbo kit!!!
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright new problem i got sold an automatic ecu i need a manual one pretty quickly. 01+ ofcourse so if anyone has one hit me up.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
try autozone kragen or whatever you have locally.... my AZ actually had the reducer size i needed so its worth a shot.

·
Selling turbo kit!!!
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright i will but damn that sucks anyone else got info on why its not just fitting on are cali specs throttle bodies smaller?

·
Selling turbo kit!!!
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright so i figured out the couplers and they work sweeeeeeeet! But now getting this turbo to aim down, i dont know if you guys know what i mean but i think juanny talked about it in his turbo thread so ill check it out any help is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
you loosen up the bolts on the back of the compressor housing, unbolt the wastegate actuator and rotate accordingly. not very difficult. :dunno:

·
Selling turbo kit!!!
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea see i got that but im guessing its part of the internal wastegate or something, but that metal rod that connects the hot side to the cold side kinda keeps me from turning just the cold side. The hot side, i think needs to stay the same because the way the down pipe mounts up i dont know. I think my brain is missfiring everything is giving my trouble.

·
Got Evo?
138 Posts
Granted Im still learning and researching alot about turbo systems, It seems your just bolting things on and hoping for it to work. If I'm wrong, then ignore my ignorance.

Make sure you review other forum members threads on their turbo build, so you get a complete understanding.

And also add pics! Im sure if you come across a problem and show pictures, others can help solve them much easier, plus its eyecandy :inlove:

Good luck on your turbo setup!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
remove the wastegate from the compressor housing and let it dangle back why you rotate. it will unbolt.

·
Selling turbo kit!!!
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Xeikel i do know what im doing man i got it now just last night i was a little slow

·
Selling turbo kit!!!
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, found another thing. It looks to be that the header to midpipe goes to 2 then hits the midpipe so i have to get an 01+ midpipe also. I thought i read somewhere it was just a little shorter but ohwell. If anyone knows of anyone selling a midpipe let me know please. It would be much apreciated.

·
Selling turbo kit!!!
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
again i went and tried to clock the turbo its a master power wich i heard came with these kits it wont clock the freaking wastegate thing is in the way if we get it to were we need it the the thing at the end is right in front of the damn outlet it looks like it is turned upside down on the manifold seriously guys help me out with out critisizing me this isnt working.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
If a turbo comes w/ an internal wastegate... Good luck on clocking it. You will probably have to fabricate some brackets to hold the wastegate actuator in the proper position.

Turbo's w/o internal wastegates are extremely easy to clock. Turbo's w/... Well they weren't really designed to do that.

·
Selling turbo kit!!!
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so why did he provide these with his kit i guess im going to end up fabricating a peice but freaking a you think he would have provided something that maybe you know worked call me crazy but thats what i woulda done.

·
Selling turbo kit!!!
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alrighty then i am slowly getting everything together. Mounted everything all up to mock it up and need to ask a quick question with the intercooler. I looked at alot before asking but didnt find any like my intercooler so i'm sorry i tried guys anyway here are some pics.

so i figure the best way to mount it would be those bosses on the intercooler mounted with an L bracket to the crush bar agree or no.

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
Yeah man, no doubt. Whatever works. You can either throw some tacks on the L bracket and tack it to the support, if you have bolt holes you can use those. Cloud and I drilled through the actual support to mount it. As long as it's nice and tight you won't have a problem.

·
Selling turbo kit!!!
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thats what i was thinking thanks for your help should be done in a few days with tune and all i've been taking pics so once its all done write up time baby.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Good luck, hopefully you can find that mid pipe and get that bad boy going!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts