Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Turbo downpipe problem

Tags
downpipe
2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  quicksilver01 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I'm nearly done with my parts build up for my "custom" turbo kit. Now I have a simple-yet-major dilema here.

When I do have all the essential parts required (save for the downpipe), I will be doing the install at my friends place. He has no muffler shops within a 40 mile radius. So the problem comes in with the fact that after we are finished we will essentially be left with a turbo that is dumping straight to atm.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get around this? Are their any downpipes sold for a simliar application as ours that I could use? Also does anyone have any pics of the downpipe by itself? I'm wondering if the muffler shop can fabricate the downpipe using a picture.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Here's mine it's 2.5" main pipe with A/C :twothumb:

#3 ·
Your best bet will be to tow it to the shop.

#6 ·
DNS-EN/E_bomb_gt: Do you guys think it's possible to drive around with just a straight downpipe? I would imagine that would be super-simple to fabricate (manifold>turbo>internal wastegate>downpipe>atm/ground). Though I wonder how loud it would be...

Also another thing my buddy and I discussed was taking the car to the shop, and installing a mockup of the turbo right on the spot (i.e. just bolt up the turbo manifold and turbo, then let the shop guys do their magic). Though this could take quite a long time to do.

Either way, I want to avoid getting towed unless absolutly neccicary.

Thanks for the tips you guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.