Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2k1 GT @ 8psi
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, havent been around here much because of my busted up car!! I'm finally tired of my car not wanting to be reliable with the turbo kit, so I'm going back to n/a. I will be selling all the turbo parts, but have no clue what to ask for the all the charge pipes and everthing. The gt35r has pretty bad shaft play (due to stoichgt's wrong BOV hook up) and spits oil pretty bad. So i'm thinking the turbo will be a paper weight and the rest will be sold. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!!! Heres my newest pic of intercooler and piping. Intercooler is 24x12x3 made by XSPower(I'm pretty sure thats who makes it). Its pretty much like new.

·
2k1 GT @ 8psi
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, the pipe on the passenger side has a 180 degree bend and actually goes under neath the intercooler then to the intake.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Why were you blowing through the stock mas? And shouldn't you post it up in the marketplace section?

·
2k1 GT @ 8psi
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There was a big debate on the blow thru or suck thru. One guy had reported it working better blowing thru, and in my case it did run alot better.
The oil spitting wasnt the part that made it unreliable, but right now its sitting in a storage shed because it wont turn over at all. There is a major source of resistance somewhere in the engine, but dont have time to tear her down right now.

·
2k1 GT @ 8psi
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, and its posted in here because I cant have TI threads in the for sale. I kinda just wwanted to see what i could get, I wasnt expecting this much interest!! I have no idea where to even start on the piping though. I have big money in my mind but it keeps going thru my head that this stuff isnt worth much cuz the turbos shot.

·
Resident Asshole
6,056 Posts
Oh, and its posted in here because I cant have TI threads in the for sale. I kinda just wwanted to see what i could get, I wasnt expecting this much interest!! I have no idea where to even start on the piping though. I have big money in my mind but it keeps going thru my head that this stuff isnt worth much cuz the turbos shot.
So you try to get around forum rules for selling products by posting it here? There is a reason we have the rules and they need to be followed.

Depending on how bad the turbo is it may be able to be rebuilt.

·
2k1 GT @ 8psi
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
No i wasnt getting around the rules...it said if you have no idea for a price or anything to post in eclipse general, i thought the forced induction section was a bit more appropriate. I actually read the for sale posting rules!!! :D

The turbo is ball bearing, all I can do is buy a center section or send it back, each of them cost $700-$800 so I dont really wanna spend more money on something that i'm getting rid of anyways.

Throw some prices at me people. Like I said I dont know where to start, just please dont low ball.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Uh...

Come up w/ a price and post. Someone needs to lock this thread.

·
2k1 GT @ 8psi
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What are you talkn about man? I'm trying to figure out what to sell my stuff for. I didnt come in here tryin to sell stuff, just wanted prices. I can't help that people are offering to buy. I'd put my stuff on the for sale board now except that my car is 200 miles away and I cant put my name on a sign next to the car. I've been watching turbo kits that people try to sell and theres barely any interest, I was expecting the same, but apparently people are interested in my kit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.