Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know I will need a spacer to clear the manifold, but my questions is do I have to angle it, or can I leave it straight? The reason I ask is I have a evo 8 down pipe, that I would like to use as a bolt on item. So can I run the spacer straight?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
When I test fit my manifold/turbo/angled spacer, there seemed to be no way that everything would bolt up if it wasnt angled. I'm still going to have to grind down about 1/8" off the block with the serial number on the compressor housing; but once that's done, it should all go together nicely. :twothumb:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
i had to grind all the metal on the bottom to the contour of the compressor, so now it doesnt come close to the starter. But it finally fits now!! LOL

·
4G64 5SPD/TURBO
408 Posts
Kylush is right though. Just go get a 3" DP made cuz the stock evo dp will need to be modded anyway. I tried it, didnt work well wnouch for me so i made on anyway....
I'm using a 3" evo downpipe, i had to modify it a littlebit though. Still ALOT better then making a custom one and its alot cheaper.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i don't have a welder or anything so what would be better, going in and having a custom one made, or bringing my stock evo one in to be modded??

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
before id say work with it, but it became such a huge pain you might as well just make one. Once i did that i was way more satisfied with the fit and the look. Takin the measurments doing the math and then seeing the end result fit as envisioned is the most gratifying part. Next to going faster... lol

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Mine is halfway. ive actually been driving the car with the turbo on WG open with the IC piping. I wanna check mechanical stuff... mostly oil an exhaust leaks. Ran into that alot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts