Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to what some of the turbo setups on this forum get for MPG. It doesn't matter how much boost you're running, I'd actually perfer to see the whole spectrum. And yes I did search. And no, no decrease in MPG is going to discourage me from buying a Tearstone kit (no matter how long it takes me to save for one). :eek3:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh thanks for the move. Even those guys using bigger injectors will get similar gas mileage? I'm sorry if that's a stupid question.

·
Resident Asshole
6,056 Posts
i got 29mpg on the way from tampa to columbus. that was with a fresh motor too. now i'm getting around 30-31 on the highway. in town i'm not exactly sure what i get. i like to get into boost a lot so :p i think when i'm not always getting into boost i'm getting somewhere around 25mpg thats a 10psi and with 440cc injectors since you were asking

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
Mack said:
Oh thanks for the move. Even those guys using bigger injectors will get similar gas mileage? I'm sorry if that's a stupid question.
With bigger injectors we still cut the signal down by a certain % to maintain a certain air/fuel ratio to keep the car running smoothly under idle & normal acceleration.

You only start noticing a loss in gas milage if your tuned improperly or you start using cams.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tearstone said:
With bigger injectors we still cut the signal down by a certain % to maintain a certain air/fuel ratio to keep the car running smoothly under idle & normal acceleration.

You only start noticing a loss in gas milage if your tuned improperly or you start using cams.
OK that makes sense. Thanks.

·
OMFG
6,632 Posts
Tearstone said:

Thtas not true. Openloop on the 3G in its stock form probably maintains what? aruond a 13:1 AFR. If you are tuned properly for a 10PSI FI setup you should be burning somehwere around an 11:1 AFR which will burn more fuel, and thus lower your mileage.

But yea as others have alreayd said; If closed loop is tuned properly and is maintaining the stoich mixture of 14.7:1 then the mileage should remain the same no matter what size injectors.

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
NAPALM said:
Thtas not true. Openloop on the 3G in its stock form probably maintains what? aruond a 13:1 AFR. If you are tuned properly for a 10PSI FI setup you should be burning somehwere around an 11:1 AFR which will burn more fuel, and thus lower your mileage.
Eh? Your talking about open loop o2 operations, as in your talking about WOT. What did I not say is true?

·
OMFG
6,632 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts