Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this, and I want some clear reasons to either Turbocharge or Supercharge my 2000 GS Automatic Eclipse. Either put a link to other posts or tell me straight up on here. I'm mostly looking for Pros and Cons, and what I should do. Anything else like lists or part recommendations is greatly appreciated. I know that I would need headers, intake, and all that. I want to really know if its safe and worth it or if its not. Real good opinions and experiences are greatly appreciated as well.
The only non-stock parts on my car is the exhaust system, which is a Magnaflow system. Thanks!

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1,235 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this, and I want some clear reasons to either Turbocharge or Supercharge my 2000 GS Automatic Eclipse. Either put a link to other posts or tell me straight up on here. I'm mostly looking for Pros and Cons, and what I should do. Anything else like lists or part recommendations is greatly appreciated. I know that I would need headers, intake, and all that. I want to really know if its safe and worth it or if its not. Real good opinions and experiences are greatly appreciated as well.
The only non-stock parts on my car is the exhaust system, which is a Magnaflow system. Thanks!
The way to go on a 4banger is Turbo.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1,235 Posts
Well to think of some Turbo autos off the top of my head, there is Masta560 and I believe Tearstone who actually developed the best turbo for this platform was auto also.

As for problems, you might want to speak to someone has one.

·
Shocker Lite
1,990 Posts
In a nutshell:

Turbo parts are easy/cheap to source, lots of support online from others who have done it.

Supercharger kits for the 4g64 haven't been produced in years.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I figured superchargers would be out of the picture. As for turbos, I researched about them being on autos, and I got a lot of mixed answers. Most people say its safe but others say it'll take away the life of the transmission over time, since autos can't handle enough power.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like I said, I'm new to this. Yes I was serious, I wanted to clarify if it was Turbo or Supercharge an auto GS. Besides this guy, can anyone give me pros and cons for putting a turbo on an auto GS?

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
Here's some pros and cons of club3g

Pro: We did all the hard work for you, all you gotta do is read.

Con: We won't spoon feed you information. Your lazy fucking ass can do your own homework and READ

·
Lift and Separate
2,259 Posts
Here's some pros and cons of club3g

Pro: We did all the hard work for you, all you gotta do is read.

Con: We won't spoon feed you information. Your lazy fucking ass can do your own homework and READ
:lolspit:

You win, sir! :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
The variables that typically determine the pros and cons to super vs turbo are 90% of the time general facts that can be sorted with nothing but a basic understanding and a quick look under the hood. Why these morons always need to ask baffles me yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts