1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
So one guy does an experiment for one day and notices predictable changes with blowing through the MAS. I don't know about you 4cyl guys, but for the V6 this simply doesn't work that well and now from what I hear Rippmods is using a suck through design on their kits in the future. Bottom line is that the MAS was not designed to be pressurized. For us V6ers, if we suck through the MAS and recirc our BOV, the car literally runs like it came from Mitsubishi that way. Also we've found (in limited tests) that as long as you have about 4-6 inches of straight pipe before the compressor this will create the same effect on the v6.

I suppose the real test of time is to see what his long term results are runnign with this blow through design to see how it works out for you 4cylinder guys. :dunno:

·
Registered
261 Posts
not to mention that Mitsubsihi has always used a vacuum read MAS on all their turbocharged cars
Starion, Eclipse 1g, 2g, EVO, and so on. I'm not a fan of it even if it did work, IMO it's like stuffing a potato in your intake pipe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts