Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked all my bulbs, in the front and rear turn signals and replaced them, My turn signal goes twice as fast when i am turning left. when I put my hazzard lights on, its normal. Could this be a relay or what? please help me

·
Previous 3g Owner
1,363 Posts
you have a case of the ricer blinks. normally the only 2 situations this happens in is when either the front or rear turn signal bulb is out or you switched to led bulbs... if one of them is out, then all you need to do is replace the burnt out one... common sense but if its the LED reason.. just go buy a cheap resistor to fix the problem

·
Registered
644 Posts
I've had this happen to my car before but it was with my right front blinker. The bulbs were fine but what ended up being the cause was a bad connector in where the bulb goes into. That little gray thing that holds the bulb..I replaced it and the problem was fixed..I would try that to

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not a fuse, And i didn't switch to L.E.D's. It could be the connector. Where can i find a new connector at? It does blink normal for 3 seconds then goes really fast.

·
Registered
644 Posts
BlueGT02 said:
It's not a fuse, And i didn't switch to L.E.D's. It could be the connector. Where can i find a new connector at? It does blink normal for 3 seconds then goes really fast.
I had extras laying around because I installed new clear corners......my best best is that you will need a new connector. You could try,a local auto parts store.

I'll look around and see if I got a few extra ones in which I think I have some.

·
Registered
644 Posts
A test that you could do is turn on your blinker and than with the bulb in the connector, turn the bulb and see if it begins to blink normal. Thats how I found out it was a bad connector

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tried taking out the other bulbs just to see if it was the bulb or not. but the bulb is fine. i will try the connector thing

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I haven't really had much time to do it yet. Maybe tomorrow. plus its hot as hell outside to work on my car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having this problem as well, had it looked at, the guy said bad connector, told me to get the part from the dealership. I went and got the socket and it didn't come with the connector and wires like he said it would. When I went back they were talking about a $300 harness or some such. I cannot find this part anywhere. The numbered part comes up as fog lamp connector. Is that still okay to use for the left front turn signal?

·
Registered
7 Posts
had this problem. fixed mine by removing the leads in the wiring harness then, pushing them onto the individual prongs to get the right order then reassembled the harness. turned out that they were wired wrong. must've been a botched repair job by the previous owner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I checked all my bulbs, in the front and rear turn signals and replaced them, My turn signal goes twice as fast when i am turning left. when I put my hazzard lights on, its normal. Could this be a relay or what? please help me
I took the sockets of both lights out and measured them with an ohm meter, bulbs in, and found that the middle pin that should connect to the sides of the bulb were open. I took the bulb out, scrapped the inner side pin of the socket and pulled it out a little more with a pair of needle nose pliers, replaced the bulb, measured again and got the short. Replaced socket with bulb, problem solved

1 - 19 of 19 Posts