Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Tearstone said:
I've had a few people request quotes for RPW piping for twin turbo kits. I have just confirmed with them this evening (their next day) that they have no interest in selling twin turbo kits unless they are full kits.

My apologies for those that were intersted in just the core piping of the kit.
I wouldn't blame them, after all, if the piping would be available by itself, one of the hardest parts of fabricating the kit is already done. Finding a couple cheap turbos on eBay or in a junkyard wouldn't be hard, and then the whole affair would be pretty much just a bolt on.

Now does the same go for the manifolds? I'm assuming so. :dunno:

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
mozart4898 said:
I wouldn't blame them, after all, if the piping would be available by itself, one of the hardest parts of fabricating the kit is already done. Finding a couple cheap turbos on eBay or in a junkyard wouldn't be hard, and then the whole affair would be pretty much just a bolt on.

Now does the same go for the manifolds? I'm assuming so. :dunno:
yessir :(

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
That's ok, after all, they've stepped up and created something that no one else has with their twin turbo kit. I understand why they don't want to sell parts of it. Hell if I had the money, I'll bet their kit would find a great home on my car and honestly, considering the amount of R&D it seems they put into their stuff, I'll bet it'd almost be worth what it would cost.

But alas, I'm at the stage of SDS vs. custom turbo kit again...or even just dropping FI plans completely again and thinking the NA route again...and risking N/A results for FI amounts of $$$.

edit: I just realized how many times I said "again" in that last sentence. :lol:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Tearstone said:
That might be true, but like I said before running two side mounts could very well be a much more efficient setup, and efficiency is good.
...and also related to the rest of the SMIC's vs. FMIC discussion...

Always a third option as well (the one that John went with) - a single SMIC. Personally I look at the space on the driver's side of the engine bay, especially if you relocated the battery to the trunk, and think that it'd be so perfect to slip a SMIC down in there, in the area where the CAI's generally go, and remove the fake vents and replace them with Grillcraft. Plenty of air would get through there. Now, as for how efficient it would be...I dunno. Efficiency vs. piping like an all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner?

Never actually had my hands on a DSM SMIC - could you even somehow fit two of them down in that general area? Or would they have to be placed in separate areas?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts