Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
5-Spd's FTW
1,595 Posts
well first, i recommend you do your research on what you need. then, do some more research on what its gonna cost. and finally, do some research on what you want to do. ive only seen one twin-turbo setup on our platform, and it was on a 4-cyl.

as far as shops, i have no idea, as there are really none around where i live.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
I'm looking for something top-quality, so probably $5000 for the turbo system. This is a lot more than almost any turbo / supercharger system I've ever seen, so it should be able to buy what I need

However, if I find a shop that could REALLY do something special with it, I could probably do $6000-$6500, though I doubt it would get that expensive.
Change your figures a bit. By the time you build the motor to support it, add the custom parts, etc.. you WILL be up over 10k.

·
Turbo/Haltech V6
1,713 Posts
Also, how many fast 3G eclipses do you see around?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
well first, i recommend you do your research on what you need. then, do some more research on what its gonna cost. and finally, do some research on what you want to do. ive only seen one twin-turbo setup on our platform, and it was on a 4-cyl.

as far as shops, i have no idea, as there are really none around where i live.
+1

Before you buy anything, read through as many threads in the FI section that you can bear...then read a little more. It's one thing to have the cash to drop down and have someone else build and install something like this, but it's another to understand the system.

What I mean by this is that you don't see any twin-turbo 3g Eclipses, so you wouldn't have as much expertise around here to help with any problems that you might come across...instead, you'd most likely keep going back to the shop that installed it, financing any future renovations to their shop.

If you're dead set on twin-turbos, more power to you (I'm all for doing things different than everyone else)...just do your homework so you don't have to rely so much on someone else is all...:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
buy a faster car with what you havn't spent yet...
:uh: I think most people realize that their 3G will not be the fastest car ever...

If you like the car you like the car...

And besides any kid can go buy a new car when they're faced with a problem, half the fun is taking what you've got and making people realize that it deserves a second look...

Good luck with the build...

~Mike

·
Registered
62 Posts
I fully agree, I feel these cars are a platform that is long forgotten. From the time I have actually been driving my car I have really started to like it. Even though it has electrical gremlins and does stupid shit I still remember when my parents bought it new in 2000 I have always liked it. My friends always say that cars sooo heavy, Don't waste your time and so on and so fourth. My car is on it's second motor once you work on it a few times it really isn't hard to work on at all.

There isn't much of a crazy aftermarket but it could definatly be worse the thing that annoys me the most is that when anybody asks me about my eclipse they say is it turbo? The 3g never even was offered in a turbo version it gets thrown in the mix with all other dsms and it isn't.

I don't see why this car is worse then anything else. Look at volkswagens couple years ago who would have thought that these cars would have this crazy cult following but they do now.

I like this forum alot but the general attitude here kinda doubts people that want to turn their car into something wild. How many people have been here for a long time that still even drive a 3g? There is some fast FWD cars and I don't see why a jetta can put down 12 second runs but a 3g can't.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I say the eclipse is not a good platform to boost, well at least the v6.

Consider this.. it takes us over 5 grand to get it done right.

other cars it takes around 1 g to 2 for others.

On the other hand.. im assuming the vr4 swap is not possible? havent seen it.. YET..

with money anythings possible tho! like that awd 3g!!! <3

1 - 20 of 65 Posts