Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what type of mandrel bent piping are you guys using for your intercoolers. Im looking for something thats the best bang for the buck. Ive checked JCwhitney, summit and ebay but they make aluminized, t304 stainless steel and a couple more types

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well im not welding it myself after i measure and mark off my pipes (where they need to be cut and welded) im taking them to a muffler shop so they can weld them. There only charging me 30 bucks for that. Is there a particular type you suggest russ.

·
Lance Corporal
3,953 Posts
Muffler shops will not be able to do Aluminum. Id suggest t-304 stainless as well. Strong, wolnt rust, and easy to get.

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
If it's just intercooler piping you can stick with the stainless steel and you can get very thin gauge so it's as light as aluminum. If it was exahaust it would have to be a thicker gauge of course. Regardless, all the stuff used in the turbo kits now is stainless, but the intercooler piping is still powder coated mild steel.

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well ive checked the prices t304 piping and all i can say is wow. But i did find some cheap prices on ebay for some aluminum 6061 that i can just use for a test fit. I can cut and use couplings just to get my lay out down. I found the local place that sells t304 piping but you need to tell them what kind of bend you and the length for of it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts