Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, hope you can help me.

A month ago, my check engine light came on...dealer said it was due to speed sensor though speedometer worked ok. Now speedometer has died and CEL has come on again. So I went to the auto parts store and got a speed sensor, thinking I could replace it myself (I'm not terribly mechanically inclined).

Well, after looking through the service manual, taking the battery out and the plate underneath...I can't locate the speed sensor for the life of me. And nothing seems to match or connect to the replacement sensor I bought - or the service manual diagrams for that matter. This is for a manual transmission 2001 Eclipse GT.

Could someone please post a picture of the location of the speed sensor?

Is there just one speed sensor in my car?

Are speed sensors the same on automatic and manual transmissions? Maybe I got the wrong one from the parts store.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I'm new here and would be grateful for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and I must add that I've looked all over the web and this site regarding this issue but resources on this subject are scarce for my type of car. Any help would be welcome!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts